Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Tech Forum (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   ZIronPig Project FJ55 (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=11584)

ZIronPig 12-07-2009 01:27 PM

ZIronPig Project FJ55
 
5 Attachment(s)
Thanks for all of the encouragement surrounding the purchase of my first landcruiser :o

I'll attempt to post up the progress as we go along. Since I'm working on a student's budget, there will likely be some times when not much is happening.

My plans are to take care of the rust this winter and get new paint on her. Hopefully in time to take to CM 2010.

Here are some pics of the pig at the beginning.

ZIronPig 12-07-2009 01:34 PM

5 Attachment(s)
2F, Interior shots and stock steelies.

AxleIke 12-07-2009 01:44 PM

Sweet Pig! Definetely will be following this build!

It loooks like its time for some tube fenders up front and replace the rockers with sliders! Thats a lotta rust!

ZIronPig 12-07-2009 01:51 PM

5 Attachment(s)
First work on the driver's side rocker panel. Basic driver's rocker panel is complete. Now will need to move into front and rear wheel well transitions. They'll be fun...no doubt :weld:

ZIronPig 12-07-2009 02:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I removed the snow plow hardware and put the front tow hooks back on. Also removed those funny looking lights from the hood the PO used when plowing snow!:thumb:

Out on my first run yesterday. Did the Christmas Tree Patrol with CLC. Cold but fun!

ZIronPig 12-07-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AxleIke (Post 128705)
Sweet Pig! Definetely will be following this build!

It loooks like its time for some tube fenders up front and replace the rockers with sliders! Thats a lotta rust!

Yeah, there's lots of rust to deal with. Already did the driver's side rocker panel. Fender's are coming up after the passenger side rocker panel is replaced.

Also planning to do sliders in the future. After there's reason to protect the body from damage! :lmao:

MDH33 12-07-2009 02:47 PM

Have you seen the Redline Landcruiser War Pig? Might give you some ideas for the sliders/fenders. :thumb:

War Pig

corsair23 12-07-2009 02:49 PM

You need a pool, filled with Marco's magical rust removal potion, that you can just dip that body into :D

Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun, and learn a lot, from building up the piggie :thumb: - wish I had done something like this when I was your age :)

AxleIke 12-07-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corsair23 (Post 128723)
You need a pool, filled with Marco's magical rust removal potion, that you can just dip that body into :D

Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun, and learn a lot, from building up the piggie :thumb: - wish I had done something like this when I was your age :)

I think if he did that, he'd come back to find a rust colored pool with a few chips of LC paint in it :eek::eek:

jacdaw 12-07-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDH33 (Post 128722)
Have you seen the Redline Landcruiser War Pig? Might give you some ideas for the sliders/fenders. :thumb:

War Pig

I'm googling that now. Black Sabbath-themed Pig?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.