Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   San Juan getting some snow (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=11973)

Corbet 01-21-2010 06:26 PM

San Juan getting some snow

A lot of snow down here. Schools cancelled for tomorrow already.

I had to pull the full length of my winch rope to get up the road to our house after work.

Uncle Ben 01-21-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corbet (Post 134199)

I had to pull the full length of my winch rope to get up the road to our house after work.

Lucky! Don't be a snow hog and send some up here!

zornff 01-21-2010 06:52 PM

Yep, we are getting pounded here in Pagosa. 9" as of Tuesday am, 8" more by Wednesday, and i just snow blowed my drive with another 9-10". We are supposed to get another 12" overnite, and all day Friday, Friday night, and Saturday. Wolf Creek should have over 4' of fresh by Saturday am, not including the 2 1/2' they got on Monday-Tuesday.
Bummer for us is they close the pass on this side at random for avalanches, and the people going up from the Southfork side get the goods. Oh well, i have to plow my jobsite, shop, and friends shop before i play anyway :(
I'm going to go plow in about 20 minutes. Night plowing is cool !

Corbet 01-21-2010 07:42 PM

we are planning on skiing Wolf Creek on Sunday. Hopefully they don't get the whole mountain open on Saturday.;)

coax 01-21-2010 07:44 PM

Man wish I could make it down there to ski. Sounds like Wolf creek, silverton, telluride, etc are all going to be epic! If only it wasn't a 6 hour drive.... Hopefully we'll get some snow sometime in the northern mountains, but the warm weather is good for rebuilding starters in the un-insulated garage.

Have a blast skiing!

Corey

RockRunner 01-21-2010 08:18 PM

Very much jealous, If I still skied I would be trying to get up there. Good luck getting around guys and have fun.

wesintl 01-21-2010 08:22 PM

I love it when LA gets pounded by rain. It only means good things for colorado :D

Old40Dog 01-21-2010 10:04 PM

:Princess:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Corbet (Post 134199)

Anyone up for a run (h...ummm...slide) down Black Bear's "Waterfall" on Saturday?:lmao::lmao::lmao: Happy diggin' tomorrow guys!

I heard a forecast this afternoon for another 2-3 feet tomorrow in Flagstaff on top of an already received 4-5 feet. And it'scoming your way man!

My wife :Princess: grew up in Durango in the 60's and her dad has been updating us on the weather every few days. She said it's sounds just like she remembers when she was growing up there.

Thank gawd, we're in the midst of all of this global warming....just imagine how bad the winter would be if we weren't? :banghead:

We just have some mild wind gusts in the 40-50 MPH range here about 12 miles from the summit of Mt. Evans.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

zornff 01-21-2010 11:46 PM

Just got home. Dumped 8" since 6:00 pm. Wolf Creek pass is closed. I'm going to bed.
If anyone of you can get here to ski/board, we have room for you to crash. It will be epic, but we're used to it.

rover67 01-22-2010 07:16 AM

let see some pics!!