Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What books ya'all reading? (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=12018)

bh4rnnr 01-26-2010 09:31 PM

What books ya'all reading?

My list seems to grow bigger every week or so....

Currently i'm reading "Some Dreams Die" (ISBN10: 0-942688-01-5, ISBN13: 978-942688-01-6) by Greg Thompson ( thinking about putting a trip together to search out some of the lost Spanish mines), next up: "House of Rain" (ISBN: 978-0-316-60817-6) by Craig Childs, A look into the ancient world of the Anasazi's or "Ancestral Puebloan". Need to read by April 2nd:D:cool:. Continuing with the list: "Stones into Schools" (ISBN:978-0-670-02115-4) by Greg Mortenson, "Out of the Dust" ( ISBN13: 978-1-55517-893-2. ISBN 10: 1-55517-893-6) , Utah's Lost Minse and Hidden Treasures by Stephen B. Shaffer, "Historic Photos of Colorado Mining" (ISBN: 978-1-59652-535-1), Text and Captions by Ed Rains (One of many books purchased to help with this years project:) ).

Let the learning begin:D:bowdown:

:beer::beer:

subzali 01-26-2010 09:41 PM

Those sound like good books Perry

Recently finished:
Fingerprints of the gods by graham hancock

Death, Daring and Disaster by Butch Farabee, Jr. - about Search and Rescue in National Parks
Citadel Mountain by Maynard Adams - about a French expedition to southern Colorado around the time of the Louisiana Purchase that mined gold but only one made it out to tell the story...the gold is still there somewhere.
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch - lecture given by a professor who found out he had cancer and only had a few months left to live

Currently:
Walking from East to West by Ravi Zacharias - autobiography of world-famous Christian theologian and religious philosopher
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren - book about Christian living and worldview written by a pastor and theologian

bh4rnnr 01-26-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzali (Post 134851)

Recently finished:

Citadel Mountain by Maynard Adams - about a French expedition to southern Colorado around the time of the Louisiana Purchase that mined gold but only one made it out to tell the story...the gold is still there somewhere.

Do they talk about a Anasazi Dwelling at all? I've seen that name before.

Glad to see your getting some good reading in:cool:

subzali 01-26-2010 10:03 PM

nope...

Romer 01-26-2010 10:45 PM

David Baldacci Stone Cold. Just finished it on the plane from Baltimore to Dallas

Uncle Ben 01-26-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzali (Post 134851)

Recently finished:
Death, Daring and Disaster by Butch Farabee, Jr. - about Search and Rescue in National Parks
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch - lecture given by a professor who found out he had cancer and only had a few months left to live

Currently:
Walking from East to West by Ravi Zacharias - autobiography of world-famous Christian theologian and religious philosopher
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren - book about Christian living and worldview written by a pastor and theologian

Citadel is actually in North-Western Colorado! Phenomenal Elk hunting on top....too bad the perimeter is all private and access will cost you $'s!

Uncle Ben 01-26-2010 11:06 PM

Read a interesting section in the new 4 Wheel Sport Ute this afternoon! :lmao:

Snowrun 01-26-2010 11:11 PM

4-Wheeler's Bible by Jim Allen. Pretty good for noobs.

Red_Chili 01-26-2010 11:27 PM

Saw Tombstone again for New Years, so I decided I wanted to know the true stories.

Doc Holliday: a Family Portrait, by Karen Holliday Tanner. Just finished.
Inventing Wyatt Earp. Current. Used hardcover.
I Married Wyatt Earp, by Josephine Marcus ('Josie' in the movie, Tombstone). Should be here soon, bought used.

a couple Dean Koontz done and one in the hopper (The Face). That's the last couple months.

corsair23 01-27-2010 01:25 AM

Go Dog Go and numerous other Dr Seuss titles

:)