Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Moab's Cruiser population (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=12484)

gahi 03-12-2010 07:13 PM

Moab's Cruiser population

Has gone through the roof,
I've seen a bunch around today, some nice looking rigs.

jacdaw 03-12-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gahi (Post 142236)
Has gone through the roof,
I've seen a bunch around today, some nice looking rigs.

Would be fun to increase the Brit bike population as well. One of these days. That's a long haul even for an iron butt like mine.

gahi 03-12-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 80lolux4x4 (Post 142238)
Would be fun to increase the Brit bike population as well. One of these days. That's a long haul even for an iron butt like mine.

That'd be cool, there's some fun rides around. The La Sal loop is a good one, lots of spots to stop and tighten stuff:D

Corbet 03-14-2010 08:05 AM

Got back from Moab last night. We had a good pre-run and I am really looking forward to CM10

gahi 03-14-2010 11:38 AM

you left at a good time, been raining here since about 5:30 last night.

Romer 03-14-2010 11:40 AM

A few of us pulled out around 6PM last night and finally got ahead of the storm just after the Colorado border

Corbet 03-14-2010 11:45 AM

I got into my rig at BFE just as it started raining. By the time I got out the entrance and on Pole Valley road it was already covered in hail. :eek: The remaining members in camp probably had a rough night out there. At least they will know where the wet spots are now when it rains.

Romer 03-14-2010 12:00 PM

Cheesman, Farnham, Rudy and I think Art stayed. Nakman, Chris Davis, Marco, Perry, Steve Brady and I listned to the weather report on the HAM (another great thing about the HAM) and it said snow and rain starting (last night) and intensifying overnight. Potential for 6-12 inches in the mtns of Colorado.

First we were thinking of just going into town and staying there to get out of the weather, but we didn't want to get stuck in a snow storm on the way home. Got home about 12:30AM last night. Made great time.

Hants 03-14-2010 04:57 PM

I packed up, washed the rig, filled up and left around 1pm. Got home about 8:45 last night (delayed a bit recovering a Mom & her daughter from a snowbank East of Antero Junction).

Glad I missed the storm!

Great weekend, great training session (thanks Greg & Kurt!!).

Red_Chili 03-14-2010 05:25 PM

We ate dinner at the Slickrock Cafe with Randy & friends, then took off about 8. Around Fruita I decided I was flirting with disaster, especially since my rear shocks seem to be going away - makes for some interesting trailer sway.

Except I didn't have a trailer! :eek:

So we camped out at the Super 8 for fitty bux, 25 each. Better than waking up upside down on the side of a hill.

Got up around 6 this morning, took off around 7:30, and got in around 1:30. The traffic beginning at the Tunnel was HORRIBLE. Then it eased up around Georgetown of all places, and stayed smooth and fast even through Idaho Springs where it normally backs up. Weird.