Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Before CM2010 - April 26, 27 and 28 (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=12518)

rhyary 03-16-2010 07:51 AM

Before CM2010 - April 26, 27 and 28

I have printed all the trails from traildamage.com and have been working on trails that interest me. Typically the longer ones.

I am hoping to get to Area BFE Sunday night and be ready to explore starting Monday. I will be camping at BFE the whole time.

Does anyone that is familiar with the trails wants to join me for any of the days before CM?

I am going to put into this thread my plans for these three days. I will be more comfortable going with some one that is familiar with these trails.

As you can tell, I want to be organized since I don't want to stand around all day trying to figure out where to go. Having say that I am totally flexible to join others.

I greatly appreciated any help I can get to make this trip a memorable one.

FJBRADY 03-16-2010 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyary (Post 142583)
I have printed all the trails from traildamage.com and have been working on trails that interest me. Typically the longer ones.

I am hoping to get to Area BFE Sunday night and be ready to explore starting Monday. I will be camping at BFE the whole time.

Does anyone that is familiar with the trails wants to join me for any of the days before CM?

I am going to put into this thread my plans for these three days. I will be more comfortable going with some one that is familiar with these trails.

As you can tell, I want to be organized since I don't want to stand around all day trying to figure out where to go. Having say that I am totally flexible to join others.

I greatly appreciated any help I can get to make this trip a memorable one.

There will be several of us in town Sat/Sun before the event. There will be plenty of pick up runs during that time. Curious to see your list!

rhyary 03-18-2010 11:52 AM

Using the other thread, I am now down to these trails:

Beef Basin
Chicken Corner
Colorado River Overlook (there is more than one overlook, but I think they are all pretty accessible)
Dome Plateau
Secret Spire

Elephant Hill (you could maybe do this one, but it's a very long day)
Hole In The Rock (super long and far away)
Kane Creek Canyon
Poison Spider Mesa
Rose Garden Hill
white rim

So I have make decision from the above what to do in the first 3 days.
Also the bottom part is not recommended doing by myself. Very likely I will be joined with another North East truck, but it is going to be his first time at Moab as well.
I assume Monday I will want something close and slow with breaks and starting not to early.
Tue I can take a long day. Up with first light - coffee - off we go... coming back to camp by sunset. I don't see a point traveling at night.
Wed I can take a long day - same as tue
Thur is already CM - mingle with the crowd :-)

FJBRADY 03-18-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyary (Post 142915)
Using the other thread, I am now down to these trails:

Beef Basin
Chicken Corner
Colorado River Overlook (there is more than one overlook, but I think they are all pretty accessible)
Dome Plateau
Secret Spire

Elephant Hill (you could maybe do this one, but it's a very long day)
Hole In The Rock (super long and far away)
Kane Creek Canyon
Poison Spider Mesa
Rose Garden Hill
white rim

So I have make decision from the above what to do in the first 3 days.
Also the bottom part is not recommended doing by myself. Very likely I will be joined with another North East truck, but it is going to be his first time at Moab as well.
I assume Monday I will want something close and slow with breaks and starting not to early.
Tue I can take a long day. Up with first light - coffee - off we go... coming back to camp by sunset. I don't see a point traveling at night.
Wed I can take a long day - same as tue
Thur is already CM - mingle with the crowd :-)

Good choices. If you are staying in camp it will be easy to get folks to join or tag along on other trails.

We need a white board at BFE so people can post up what they are planning to run each day before the event!

timmbuck2 03-18-2010 08:11 PM

I will be running Poison Spider and Metal Masher on Monday or Tuesday if anyone wants to join me

timmbuck2 03-18-2010 08:12 PM

and drinking somewhere sunday for my birthday ;)

FJBRADY 03-19-2010 07:33 AM

Bringing both rigs....Michele wants to drive Gemini Bridges on the way out to Secret Spire on Monday. She will probably want to do Top of the world on Tuesday morning. My plan is to do Kane Creek Wednesday afternoon.

rhyary 03-19-2010 07:53 AM

I am camping in Area BFE where the CM is.
I hope to get there Sun night.

Steve, will you be heading to Gemini Bridges mid morning kind of a thing?

rhyary 03-19-2010 07:56 AM

Timmback2,
If you do Poison Spider on Tue morning , I can join you, but might want to do something easier on the afternoon.

Air Randy 03-19-2010 07:57 AM

OK, Poison Spider on Monday, Metal Masher on Tuesday, Kane Creek on Wednesday, what are we doing on Sunday?