Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   The Bike Forum (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Whats the name of the little seat that trails behind a bike for kiddos? (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=12748)

Rezarf 04-11-2010 04:06 PM

Whats the name of the little seat that trails behind a bike for kiddos?

howdy-

I don't even know what to search for.

What do you call one of those little contraptions that allows you to stick your kiddo in and pull them around with your bike?

Thanks- :thumb:

farnhamstj 04-11-2010 04:30 PM

Tag-along. Trail-a-bike. We had one for a little while. Problem is they are kind of big for small kids. By the time they can actually pedal the thing. They can ride a 16" wheel bike and keep up pretty well. My kids were off training wheel bikes before age 4 (12" wheels) Now they are both on 16"wheels. The tag-a-longs are 20" wheels.

60wag 04-11-2010 04:30 PM

The trailers are made by Burley. The one wheeled bike with pedals were originally made by Trailabike but there are lots of manufacturers now.

farnhamstj 04-11-2010 04:32 PM

Or do you meen a Chariot Trailer? or Child Carrier? Kids need to be age 1 to tow them behind a bike.

cbmontgo 04-11-2010 08:43 PM

Hey Drew...check "bike trailer" on CL. That's where you'll find most of them.

Rezarf 04-11-2010 08:53 PM

bike trailer was the winner. thanks guys. Any opinion on this setup? I am thinking of an old school seat for over the rear tire or on the handle bars. My boy is 11 months.

You dudes rock, thanks!

Corbet 04-11-2010 09:11 PM

Get the trailer. Much safer than the seat over the wheel. Plus the kid/s can see more than just your sweaty back. Used trailers are pretty cheap. We got on for free:D Coworker just wanted it out of her garage.

coax 04-11-2010 09:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Plus when your kids outgrow them they can be used for other things :-D (or can be sold to people like me to do other things with them!) 5 pair skis, 4 pair boots, 1 cooler with hamburgers!

Jacket 04-12-2010 11:16 AM

We've done them all: bike trailer, tag-along, and the extra seat over the rear tire. Everything but the tag-along works well for a kid < 4. The bike trailers are nice because usually they fit 2 kids + some gear, but they can be spendy. The over-the-seat chair is nice because it is easy and simple, but it does make the bike more susceptible to rear tire blow outs with all the extra weight.

Uncle Ben 04-12-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farnhamstj (Post 145779)
Tag-along. Trail-a-bike. We had one for a little while. Problem is they are kind of big for small kids. By the time they can actually pedal the thing. They can ride a 16" wheel bike and keep up pretty well. My kids were off training wheel bikes before age 4 (12" wheels) Now they are both on 16"wheels. The tag-a-longs are 20" wheels.

Secondary problem is it's kinda spooky when you look back and the kid's head is laying on the handlebars and they are asleep! :eek: :rolleyes: