Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cruise Moab Homebrew Beer "contest" (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=12797)

Groucho 04-15-2010 07:04 AM

Cruise Moab Homebrew Beer "contest"

Along with our winged friends doing the hot-wing cook off, we would like to announce that we will be doing an unofficial homebrew contest at the same time. Thursday night, 7-ish.

For those of you who brew your own beer, bring a little for others to sample and give you props for. This is open to all styles, including mead and cider. It is just a way to increase the fun during the hot-wing cook off.

There will be an informal tasting, along with an informal judging where brewers will learn if their swill is drinkable by folks other than themselves.

We realize that this is late in the game for anyone to plan out a brew for Cruise Moab specifically, but if you brew on a regular (or even irregular) basis and have some bottles just waiting for that top to be opened at area BFE, bring it along. Get it chilled and pop that top.

SOOOO, in the spirit of having more people participate, anyone who wants to bring some sort of exotic (meaning not everyone in the country can get it) non-homebrewed beer that they believe to be a good swill and have it run head-2-head with the awesome homebrews, that IS allowed. Only restrictions are that no beer entered can be produced by any of the following breweries or their subsidiaries:
1. Anheuser-Busch InBev St. Louis, MO
2. MillerCoors Brewing Co. Chicago, IL
3. Pabst Brewing Co. Woodridge, IL
4. Boston Beer Co. Boston, MA
Doesn't mean you cant drink those beers at the hot wing contest. They will just be made fun of. :D

All in all? This is supposed to make the hot-wing contest more fun. There are no prizes, except the smiles you will have on your face.

Be smart. Drink good beer.

mad chemist 04-15-2010 08:53 AM

Excellent! I'm out of my home brew, but will bring some real beer down from the Pacific Northwest.:beer:

Blackdiamond72 04-15-2010 09:02 AM

The only real beer comes from the Pacific Northwest! Yay IPA's!

Groucho 04-15-2010 09:11 AM

I'm just jealous because of the abundance of hops the PNW has. Makes for beautiful, hoppy beers. I try, and sometimes not only do I like it but other folks do too.

Glad to see folks will be bringing in swill from other places. We have lots to drink around here, but it is nice to try the stuff you can't get here.

RDWHAHB and Cheers!

mad chemist 04-15-2010 09:15 AM

Definitely a great place to live if you like beer. I started growing hops last year, hope to have some to harvest this year and use in a batch. I've got Tetnang, Goldings and Willamette growing. I'm still pretty new to the homebrew game, but enjoy.

I'll look forward to tipping a few with you guys in just a few days!

Groucho 04-15-2010 10:33 AM

I have 4 Cascade and 1 chinook this year, first year. 3/4 of the cascade areout of the ground with about 2" growth, the chinook and other cascade have yet to make a break for it.

See you in Moab!

RockRunner 04-15-2010 12:46 PM

Got some coming with the Tiki bar.