Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Getting Hosed (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=12854)

pmccumber 04-20-2010 03:20 PM

Getting Hosed

Just got this email:

Paul,

Are you available to work the next two weekends to support the PDACS TFTP (and to get the GPCAM/SAS requirements verified)?

Now normally, I'd say "hey check the vacation schedule" but that satellite waits for no one. I did the s/w for that system and they are bringing it on line with the satellite; I gotta be there.

So guess what is next weekend? I told them that I want every assurance that come next week we are absolutely damn sure that I will be in that high bay getting this done if I'm going to cancel my time off (and be forced to miss CM).

I love my work, really do, and I get paid silly money to do it but trust me, I got stress round the clock and to a very large degree, they own me.

corsair23 04-20-2010 05:26 PM

Bummer!

Hulk 04-21-2010 02:29 AM

That's bad timing for sure. :( Hope it works out that you can show up for at least some of the event.

FJBRADY 04-21-2010 08:45 AM

Sorry to hear. Not a good time for me work wise either. I will will have my laptop and cell phone all week in Moab trying to get some work done to keep up.

There is always next time.....I will do my best to post pictures throughout the week.:ranger:

nakman 04-21-2010 10:54 AM

Bummer, Paul, we'll miss ya.

what's a GPCAM and why is it getting a solid axle? :confused:

pmccumber 04-21-2010 11:22 AM

I got Fins, Poison Spider, and Wipeout. I want all of them so bad I can hardly stand it.

Three days in a row and that is what you're gonna do. How fun is that?

I've been putting the hammer down in terms of schedule clarity the last two days. What will unnerve me beyond repair is if I have to cancel and then DON'T get to the things I'm needed for.

RockRunner 04-21-2010 11:25 AM

Just like here, hurry up and wait. They bring us in on the weekend and then find out nobody cleared it with security or some other reason to cancel.

Hope you can make it but work has to come first I guess :rolleyes:

MDH33 04-21-2010 12:47 PM

I'm in a similar situation. Denied Moab again. Kim just finished her maternity leave and was asked to go on a business trip next week. I'll need to stay home to watch the baby.

Missed last year and said "there's always next year". Now I'm missing it again. don't know why I even bother, I just get my hopes up and then get depressed when I can't go. :(

For those of you fortunate enough to be able to attend, have fun. :beer:

Hulk 04-21-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDH33 (Post 147200)
I'm in a similar situation. Denied Moab again. Kim just finished her maternity leave and was asked to go on a business trip next week. I'll need to stay home to watch the baby.

Bring the baby. You won't be the first to have a baby at Moab.

rover67 04-21-2010 12:55 PM

Agree, bring the baby!

Paul, Dave, bummer guys..