Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   A possible Mod to the Trailer? (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=12962)

Romer 05-04-2010 05:34 PM

A possible Mod to the Trailer?

1 Attachment(s)
The AT Horizon Trailer performed well at MOAB. But I can see it being tight for me and both girls. We could squeeze in, but here is another idea

http://us.oztent.com/products/viewPr...?productid=272

This would give me the RTT with the full changing room and on the other side is a quick setup tent with room for two cots and essentially a middle room between the cots and the RTT. Have to take some measurements and have some kind of a rainfly where they come together

Hmmmmmmm

Hants 05-04-2010 06:21 PM

I really like the Oztents. I considered getting one, but they're too long to fit in the 80. I have a pod to put on top of the 80 that it could probably fit in. But then I checked the weight -- no way I want to be hefting that thing up and down!

Can you fit it on the trailer? You might be able to fit it in the 80 if you fold up one of the 2nd row seats (I can't due to the kidlettes).

Overland Journal did a review of tents, including this one, a while ago. Let me know if you want me to dig up the article?

My Dad laughed at the trailer we got -- said that soon we'll be driving a diesel pusher... :eek:

I did like the Earth Roamer that was in Moab, though!

Romer 05-04-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hants (Post 148450)
I really like the Oztents. I considered getting one, but they're too long to fit in the 80. I have a pod to put on top of the 80 that it could probably fit in. But then I checked the weight -- no way I want to be hefting that thing up and down!

Can you fit it on the trailer? You might be able to fit it in the 80 if you fold up one of the 2nd row seats (I can't due to the kidlettes).

Overland Journal did a review of tents, including this one, a while ago. Let me know if you want me to dig up the article?

My Dad laughed at the trailer we got -- said that soon we'll be driving a diesel pusher... :eek:

I did like the Earth Roamer that was in Moab, though!

Your trailer is sweet, and the hospitality at the white castle was awesome :D

Corbet 05-04-2010 07:09 PM

Ken, what about looking into having something custom made to zip onto your existing RTT that could offer a larger ground level tent. There must be someone on the front range capable of making something. Awning maker? or such. Or make something to bridge the Oz tent if you go that route.

Rezarf 05-04-2010 07:59 PM

Looks great Ken, the biggest thing I have found is good places to anchor all canvas/tarps, wind sucks.

bigbluefj 05-04-2010 08:57 PM

Ken, if you want to try that out go over to Hants house and grab my tent it is an RV4 the only thing i don't have is the side panels for it, the Bag weighs 51 lbs and is 15cm h 2m L and 35 cm w .. And just by chance you order one tell Kim that i sent you she might give you a deal .
Kevin

Hants 05-05-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romer (Post 148453)
Your trailer is sweet, and the hospitality at the white castle was awesome :D

The blender wouldn't have worked without the Romer Generator -- it was definitely a community effort!

:cheers:

Caribou Sandstorm 05-05-2010 10:10 AM

You are too funny.. I was looking at this thread and my first thought was generator and blendor.....:cheers:

sleeoffroad 05-05-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hants (Post 148450)

Doesn't that sound familiar. :D

Romer 05-05-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluefj (Post 148483)
Ken, if you want to try that out go over to Hants house and grab my tent it is an RV4 the only thing i don't have is the side panels for it, the Bag weighs 51 lbs and is 15cm h 2m L and 35 cm w .. And just by chance you order one tell Kim that i sent you she might give you a deal .
Kevin

Thanks Kevin, IN DC on Business right now. When are they sending it up to you?