Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Trip and Event Reports (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Penrose-Independence last Sunday (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=13074)

Air Randy 05-18-2010 09:17 AM

Penrose-Independence last Sunday

1 Attachment(s)
First impressions: WOW! When people say this is one of the harder, more technical trails they aren't kidding. At least thats how I felt when I saw it :D

We ran it with 3 buggies, Trevor's FJ40 and the Gecko. I had just swapped the 39's onto the Gecko the weekend before and I am really glad I did.

The trail is only like 1/4 to 1/2 mile long but it took us 3 hours to get through it and the folks who had ran it before said that was excellent time. There was no breakage or major carnage on any of the rigs but there were a lot of close calls. Everyone had to pull the winch lines out (even the buggies) at least twice plus at the exit. It had rained the night before so the trail was muddy in spots making it a little tougher than normal.

Here is one picture from where you first drop into the trail. Doesn't show much, I'll post up more pics when Dee downloads her camera.

Uncle Ben 05-18-2010 10:59 AM

Guess your not a virgin anymore! :lmao: The first and second drop ins are getting to be serious attention getters! I heard Rockstompers have been working on the exit.....thats a good thing! Good on ya mate! Did you have to use Trevors 40 for traction?

FJBRADY 05-18-2010 04:29 PM

Very cool, looking forward to the pictures. Is that you in the drivers seat?????? I spy hair below the hat!

isotel 05-18-2010 05:59 PM

Randy's clutch foot was healing, so Justin took command of the Gecko..

I dont have any better photos either.. I think justin has some of me almost floping backing out of the A-Hole.

Rock Hoppers is the name of the Group that did the work on the exit.. Its back to the way it was 2 years ago.. And still no one in our group could get out it!, but its a little easier on your winch than it was last year.

It was a MUDDY Mess down their, Nice stratigic mud puddles right before every hard section.

Thanks for the Invite Randy! Always love putting some new Scratches in my paint job!

isotel 05-18-2010 06:07 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Some photos of the Gecko Droping in..

Yes those rocks are WAY taller than a 40" Tire.. and this is the easy part of the trail!

isotel 05-18-2010 06:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So, Me and Justin Dropped off my Cruiser back at my house.. and we where on the way to get some much needed food when my Driverside Front Tire Exploded on my Dually..

The Spare tire would only go on one way :lmao: :hill:

i think its time for a new tow rig!

TIMZTOY 05-18-2010 06:21 PM

looks like fun guys.. wish i could have gone

RockRunner 05-18-2010 10:05 PM

That tire will give you more stability:rolleyes::rolleyes: How about that turning radius?

J Kimmel 05-18-2010 10:26 PM

wheres pics of the rest of the guys? :)

Air Randy 05-18-2010 10:35 PM

Brook & the other 2 buggies left us in their dust, but Brook did come back to help us navigate through some of the bigger obstacles. Thus we didn't get any pictures of them, we'll have to try and get their pics to upload.