Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Tech Forum (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   My Goldilocks camper - The Kimberley Kamper (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=13341)

Romer 06-19-2010 09:36 PM

My Goldilocks camper - The Kimberley Kamper

5 Attachment(s)
The Jayco Baja was really comfortable, but the wood would fall apart when I went on a mild trail, so I sold it and bought a Adventure Trailer Horizon. At the time I wanted a Kimberley, but there are like 20-25 in the states and hard to come by. I ended up buying an Adventure Trailer Horizon. Very capable off road with lots of capabilities. The tent I installed had a changing room and was fine when it was just me in Moab. With Rachel, it was smaller then I would like. It would fit 3 people fine.

Then I saw an ad for a 2002 Kimberely Kamper and after thinking about it for 10 days, I bought it.

This camper is just right for me. I can take it off road on mild trails

The Jayco Baja took about 20 minutes to setup, the AT took 10 minutes ( 20 with both awnings). If I am just camping overnight, this takes 3 minutes and has lots of room.

The cool thing about this is its expandability depending on what you are doing

The roof quickly folds down expanding the tent with it. All you have to do to be fully setup is expand one bar inside the tent area and then pull out the kitchen. Takes about 3 minutes

Quick and comfy area with storage under the bed. You can also sleep two on the floor with pads. LED lights at the back of the bed for reading.

Romer 06-19-2010 09:38 PM

4 Attachment(s)
There is a lot of expandability to this camper, and I didn't want to figure it out on the trail so I put it up in my backyard today.

First you add the bathroom and then the awning

Romer 06-19-2010 09:41 PM

4 Attachment(s)
When you are going to stay in a place longer and need more protection from the weather or you have more people to have room for, you add the walls

Romer 06-19-2010 09:42 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Lots of room inside

Romer 06-19-2010 09:45 PM

I had the tent poles up a bit too high so you can see some of the ground flaps, easy to adjust

Mine is a 2002 and Hants has a 2007. His replaces the single box on the front with two gull wings that open to each side, and as a result is longer. His has a slide out fridg freezer which makes it really nice.

I plan on setting the engle on the ground in the Kitchen area when setup

This thing is cool and is just right.

Romer 06-19-2010 10:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
There is also lots of storage. There is the big box in front. There is a big storage area behind the stove and even a small one in the sink part

Then there is a sliding metal basket under the bed and and small compartment in front of it. You can also strap a bunch of stuff to the roof if needed

Caribou Sandstorm 06-19-2010 10:17 PM

Super cool!

corsair23 06-19-2010 11:21 PM

Very :cool: - Those really do seem like just about the perfect camper

Should we start a list now for when/if you sell it? Put me at top...I think it's a safe bet though that you've found something that you'll be keeping for a long time.

You crack me up, setting it up in your backyard :thumb:

TIMZTOY 06-20-2010 12:17 AM

Sweet. I like it. But it does seem a bit on the large side when all set up if you were to do just a day or two.

RedCreeper 06-20-2010 12:29 AM

Come on Ken... Tell the truth. You got home late and was locked out.

Super Nice.