Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Trip and Event Reports (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Monday afternoon campsite scouting trip to Dakan/Hidden Valley Rd (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=13358)

cbmontgo 06-22-2010 01:35 PM

Monday afternoon campsite scouting trip to Dakan/Hidden Valley Rd

3 Attachment(s)
Took the kids up yesterday into Pike National Forest after work. We went a few miles down Hidden Valley Road into the NF from the north side. Great trail for being so close to home.

Anyone know any good campsite GPS coordinates back there? From what I have read, there are some great places further down towards NF 503 and Bergen Park Road. I want to take the kids up in the next couple of weekends.

Hulk 06-23-2010 12:32 AM

Dunno, but you should post up as many pictures of that FJ40 as you possibly can. It's suh-weet! :)

cbmontgo 06-23-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk (Post 153672)
Dunno, but you should post up as many pictures of that FJ40 as you possibly can. It's suh-weet! :)

Thanks...it is a lot of fun. I've owned lots of other cruisers, but this is my first 40 and I'm really digging it. I'll definitely post up more pics as time permits. That's the original paint!

Beachboy 06-24-2010 07:37 PM

Don't know where Hidden Valley road is but we were up behind Pikes Peak last week and spent a few days at FS Crags campground. 18 sites also sites along the stream. Gets busy during the weekend but we were up there during the week. Only one other camper and the host. The Crags trailhead is from there, nice hike. This is just a few hundard yards south of the Mueller State park entrance on your left. 3 miles up to 10,000 feet.

Old40Dog 06-24-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbmontgo (Post 153721)
Thanks...it is a lot of fun. I've owned lots of other cruisers, but this is my first 40 and I'm really digging it. I'll definitely post up more pics as time permits. That's the original paint!

You should plan to bring that classic cruiser on the "40 only" run in September! I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to see it close up! Thanks for posting it up on the forum......

cbmontgo 06-27-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachboy (Post 153850)
Don't know where Hidden Valley road is but we were up behind Pikes Peak last week and spent a few days at FS Crags campground. 18 sites also sites along the stream. Gets busy during the weekend but we were up there during the week. Only one other camper and the host. The Crags trailhead is from there, nice hike. This is just a few hundard yards south of the Mueller State park entrance on your left. 3 miles up to 10,000 feet.

Sounds cool! I tried to look up that campground...got a link or GPS coordinates?

Hidden Valley Road is on the north end; up towards Sedalia.

cbmontgo 06-27-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old40Dog (Post 153857)
You should plan to bring that classic cruiser on the "40 only" run in September! I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to see it close up! Thanks for posting it up on the forum......

I may try to do that. It seems like my schedule conflicts with so many of these runs unfortunately...and having 3 kids doesn't help!

Old40Dog 06-27-2010 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cbmontgo (Post 154063)
I may try to do that. It seems like my schedule conflicts with so many of these runs unfortunately...and having 3 kids doesn't help!

Bring the kidos too! We usually don't do anything too extreme on this run and there are usually other kids along too. Theyll have a blast.

From last years run....these guys were a riot! :lmao:

cbmontgo 06-27-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old40Dog (Post 154081)
Bring the kidos too! We usually don't do anything too extreme on this run and there are usually other kids along too. Theyll have a blast.

From last years run....these guys were a riot! :lmao:

Looks like a great time! Thanks...I'll see what I can do.

Beachboy 06-27-2010 08:36 PM

For Crags camp ground - go to Pikes National forest under campgrounds.