Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Trip and Event Reports (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Middle St. Vrain & Coney Flats (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=13479)

Air Randy 07-06-2010 08:33 PM

Middle St. Vrain & Coney Flats

5 Attachment(s)
We did these trails on Monday with a bunch from Front Range 4x4. It turned out to be all Toyotas except for a suburban. We even had newly weds wheeling together for the first time as husband & wife.

These trails can be ran by a stock unlocked vehicle with no trouble as long as you get spotted through a couple of small rocky areas. Great scenery and lots of fun water crossings. We need to do more runs on these northern trails. There are some up around Ft. Collins that I hear have some fun and challenging obstacles.

The only casualty for the day was the suburban, we suspect they hit the big pond too hard and got the computer wet, so we ended up giving it a ride back to Arvada on our trailer while Dee drove the Gecko on the street.

84cruzer 07-06-2010 08:47 PM

Nice picture of the suburban on the trailer......... like it!:lmao:

RockRunner 07-06-2010 08:56 PM

Any more pics of the gray 4Runner? I like the Exo on it. Also cool shots and water crossings.

Haven't been up north in years, used to wheel up there when I lived in Boulder and after.

RedCreeper 07-06-2010 10:16 PM

Sorry i missed it. Looked like a fun time. Hope to be ready when you guys come this way. I know a few i want to try.

coax 07-29-2010 04:07 PM

Any chance you guys have some more pics of the trail? It's been a while since I've been up that area; wondering what the road condition is like and if an 80 w/ 33's would be able to get back up there (and back). Probably not a loop, just out and back from the Middle St Vrain Trailhead to then do the hike up to Gibraltar Lakes.

Corey

Loki 07-29-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coax (Post 157015)
Any chance you guys have some more pics of the trail? It's been a while since I've been up that area; wondering what the road condition is like and if an 80 w/ 33's would be able to get back up there (and back). Probably not a loop, just out and back from the Middle St Vrain Trailhead to then do the hike up to Gibraltar Lakes.

Corey

I head up to MSV all the time in my stock, albeit armored, 80 and it does fine, might slide a bit on the sliders though.

coax 07-29-2010 04:34 PM

Cool thanks. I've got a bit of lift, but my sliders are running boards so hopefully some careful navigation will get me through.

Loki 07-29-2010 04:38 PM

Yes, I'm a little less careful now I don't have to watch out as much, but I have seen a stock 60 at the end of middle st. vrain

Air Randy 07-29-2010 09:29 PM

You'll make it fine, no problems even without sliders. There is only 1 spot with a rock to get around and it's early on and pretty easy. After that it's just a few bumpy spots and the water crossings.