Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Tech Forum (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   UPGRADEs STEERING (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=1362)

bigbluefj 05-12-2006 08:16 PM

UPGRADEs STEERING

as everone know's i had issuse's at cm 06 so i now would like to up grade the steering knuckle's so what to do i now have one mini knuckle and one cruiser knuckle what to do, i was told that the 60 series knuckle's have the same 12mm pattern as the mini truck knuckle is this ture or should i go with some thing else i could use some help with this as i don't want this to happen again i was looking at the 4x4 lab's crossover steering set up with the one ton tie rod's would be a good start but i have to deal with the knuckle's first any idea's any one????? :beer:

kevin

Romer 05-12-2006 09:24 PM

Kevin, can't help you but glad your hanging out on our board. I enjoyed hanging with you the last two Moabs. I was only there for your first breakdown and glad we (We is Ige doing all the work while 10 guys watch - Except for the Jacking of the truck :rolleyes: ) were able to get you down off the trail. Doubt Ige will listen to another one of Coberlies trail fixes, or it least not lie under the diff when squeezing the ziplock full of oil in.

Gee all you need to do is show up for a meeting and we could make you a member :D

Take care and that was a great thing you did bringing your nephew down. He is a great kid and was real well behaved when he rode with us.

:beer: Ken

Shark Bait 05-12-2006 11:03 PM

Marlin gave away a couple of "ball gusset" kits. Were they to strengthen steering knuckles?

Uncle Ben 05-12-2006 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluefj
as everone know's i had issuse's at cm 06 so i now would like to up grade the steering knuckle's so what to do i now have one mini knuckle and one cruiser knuckle what to do, i was told that the 60 series knuckle's have the same 12mm pattern as the mini truck knuckle is this ture or should i go with some thing else i could use some help with this as i don't want this to happen again i was looking at the 4x4 lab's crossover steering set up with the one ton tie rod's would be a good start but i have to deal with the knuckle's first any idea's any one????? :beer:

kevin

I am canabalizing a spare 60 front axle to give Ben back the one we borrowed. You might as well have the Passenger side from it!

nuclearlemon 05-13-2006 07:01 AM

get the new six stud knuckles :D

Three Wheel Ben 05-13-2006 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuclearlemon
get the new six stud knuckles :D

That's what I was gonna say, marlin has those new 6 stud knuckles. Funny I always wondered who needed knuckles that strong. :rolleyes:

ben

bigbluefj 05-14-2006 07:33 PM

six stud knuckle's

ya i was looking at those but there not ready yet sent and email to see when they might be in stock that should work fine i think than i can also go with the cross over steering set up also..what do you guy's think...

kevin

nakman 05-14-2006 08:14 PM

Quote:

Marlin gave away a couple of "ball gusset" kits. Were they to strengthen steering knuckles?
Yes, you weld them up below the axle, where the axle tube and ball joint meet. I won a set, and one of the Cascade guys showed me how they're mounted on his mini truck, it makes a lot of sense. Only problem is you need to remove the inner axle seal before welding, so it could be a while before I get around to doing this.

Kevin, I'll parrot what Romer said as well, had a great time with you & Shane tell him I said hello next time you see him. You're always welcome in Colorado.. :cheers: -tim

bigbluefj 05-14-2006 08:21 PM

i'll tell him

thank's tim i pass on your message. thanks again for taking him on that day...

kevin

wesintl 05-14-2006 10:23 PM

Kevin, It was great to see you again in moab. I was bummed I missed the turkey. We'll have to do it again as well as go on a run together. Like Tim said your always welcome in colorado :canada: :canada: