Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Trip and Event Reports (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rubicon (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=14020)

Air Randy 09-13-2010 05:34 PM

Rubicon

We just got back from the Marlin Crawler Rubicon Roundup. Justin from Redline went with me and I was driving the Gecko, Joe Lorenzo (HeepEtr) and his dad were there in his 4Runner as well as a friend (Matt) and his wife Anna in their 40. It was a blast! The scenery is amazing, the trail is awesome and we had a great time camping along the way and attending the central event at Rubicon Springs. That went really well too, I was lucky and won the grand prize of a tranny rebuild by Marlin himself.

We took all of the hard lines on the trail and made every one except the Little Sluice. Joe made it through Little Sluice in his Runner with minor body damage but we gave up in the Gecko after we bent one of the front leaf springs. It was too early in the trail to risk damage that might keep us off of the rest of the trail.

Joe's dad was the official photographer and took a ton of pictures, once he emails them to me we'll get some posted up.

nuclearlemon 09-13-2010 05:43 PM

as uncle ben says...no pics, it didn't happen

MDH33 09-13-2010 06:14 PM

Very cool Randy, you're all getting out on the trails a ton this year, I'm jealous. :thumb:

Looking forward to the pics. :beer:

Rock Dog 09-13-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Air Randy (Post 162046)
I was lucky and won the grand prize of a tranny rebuild by Marlin himself.

Awsome Randy! could not get a better rebuilt tranny than that! :thumb::thumb:

FJBRADY 09-13-2010 08:44 PM

Right on :thumb: looking forward to the pictures.

Hulk 09-13-2010 09:54 PM

That's way cool that you went. Any idea how many participants in the Marlin event? How does it compare to the size of Rubithon (I know you weren't at both events, but did anyone comment on this)?

corsair23 09-14-2010 11:59 AM

Way :cool:

Looking forward to the pictures. I think the Rubithon has been one of my all time favorite trips. Of course a lot of that has to do with the people but it was a fun trip...Although I could live without the skeeters :hill:

RLMS 09-14-2010 12:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I think that at least 250 rigs showed up! It was a stand still on the trail for 1-2 hrs,at least 2 times!!!

We had a blast! Thanks again
Randy

Justin

corsair23 09-14-2010 02:25 PM

I remember that bridge. If you've never run the Rubicon before that is when you start thinking the trail is over...But it is just a trick :lmao:

Tch2fly 09-14-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corsair23 (Post 162128)
I remember that bridge. If you've never run the Rubicon before that is when you start thinking the trail is over...But it is just a trick :lmao:

Wasn't somebody's kid playing up the beams :rolleyes:

:lmao: