Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   When does CM11 planning start? (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=14031)

pskhaat 09-15-2010 01:38 PM

When does CM11 planning start?

As the subject says. Living in DEN area now so would like to help.

sleeoffroad 09-15-2010 02:40 PM

Tonight, we have comittee meeting at the shop. 7pm. Come if you want to be involved.

Air Randy 09-15-2010 03:25 PM

Are you going to have a speaker phone available so those of us that are remote can participate? If you do, and if there are more than just me wanting to call in, let me know and we can use my toll free bridge.

sleeoffroad 09-15-2010 05:17 PM

Sorry, I do not have a speaker phone.

corsair23 09-16-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleeoffroad (Post 162247)
Sorry, I do not have a speaker phone.

Not sure if the meetings are always going to be held as Slee or if they will be moving around? Maybe picking up a good quality conference phone that could travel from place to place would be worth the investment and use it with Randy's bridge. We use the Polycom phones and it makes a huge difference. Some are outrageously expensive but this one isn't too bad:

Polycom SoundStation

Of course this won't work so well at a restaurant or the like :hill:

Hants 09-17-2010 06:42 AM

Thanks, Jeff. I assumed that all of them would be $1000. Didn't think that we could get an older model for a reasonable price.

I'll send an email to Christo to find out what kind of phone system he has.

The one you reference is for an Avaya phone system.

:beer:

Air Randy 09-17-2010 09:27 AM

The Polycom's are head & shoulders the best ones out there. You should be able to use it any where you have access to a POTS (non-digital) phone line.

If Stevenson has a phone line you may even want to consider using it for regular club meetings so folks can at least listen in when they can't attend in person.

Dr. Schlegs 09-17-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Air Randy (Post 162364)
The Polycom's are head & shoulders the best ones out there. You should be able to use it any where you have access to a POTS (non-digital) phone line.

If Stevenson has a phone line you may even want to consider using it for regular club meetings so folks can at least listen in when they can't attend in person.

Interesting idea. I wonder how that piece of technology would affect the club dynamics:confused:

sleeoffroad 09-18-2010 09:52 AM

I have an old ATT Merlin system. I do have some analog lines available that we can plug into.

Air Randy 09-18-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Schlegs (Post 162429)
Interesting idea. I wonder how that piece of technology would affect the club dynamics:confused:

Not much I suspect since listening in on a speaker phone is a poor substitute for being there. Those that can attend will still attend but those of us that have to consistently travel and miss the meetings could at least listen in.