Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Trip and Event Reports (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fable Valley, Utah (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=14090)

bh4rnnr 09-22-2010 07:39 PM

Fable Valley, Utah

5 Attachment(s)
My Dad has been almost crazy when it came to the talk of Fable Valley, a track of land located south of Canyonlands Utah. Located in between the remote regions of Beef Basin and Dark Canyon, Fable Valley is on the edge of what is considered "Anasazi Country". Ever since our week long treek into Beef Basin, all i'd hear at work is " Fable Valley".

So when I informed Dad that this years Outlaws Run was not going to happen (:mad:), he suggested, almost before I could finish, "Fable Valley"?. Who could say no?

For three days we explored Fable Valley, hiking 10 miles a day. Dad would paint while I took photos and many naps. We found many ruins, many that were not on the so called maps. Came acrose t-shape doors, arrowheads, potterysheadrs as big as my palm and a ruin that has me totaly confused!

A great trip to end the season (?)

Hope ya'all enjoy the pices:cheers:

:beer::beer:

1-2) Sweet Alice Canyon
3-5) Dark Canyon

bh4rnnr 09-22-2010 07:59 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More...

1-2) More of Dark Canyon
3) Biggest mushroom i've everseen:eek:
4) Looking back into Beef Basin
5) More views

Inukshuk 09-22-2010 08:12 PM

Wow.

bh4rnnr 09-22-2010 08:15 PM

5 Attachment(s)

1) One of the roads into Fable Valley: We turned around here, solo and stock::(.
2-3) Dark Canyon
4) The road from base camp to the drop down into Fable Valle, It took us four miles of hiking just to get into the valley
5) Our first taste of Fable Valley:cool:

bh4rnnr 09-22-2010 08:24 PM

5 Attachment(s)

1-2) More of Fable Valley. From the first pic, I can spot two ruins, one big pueblo located on the valley floor, and another high in the cliffs.
3-4) Views of the Henry's from camp:cool:.
5) So the road from the railhead to the start of the hiking trail looks like a lot of fun. Only spotted two tracks on the road. Dad thought it was impassible, but I thought it would be fun;):cheers:

Inukshuk 09-22-2010 08:35 PM

Lets go.
How long was the drive to the dirt?

bh4rnnr 09-22-2010 08:36 PM

5 Attachment(s)

1) Nother view of Fable Valley.
2) My Dad on the "Road" down into Fable Valley. To be honest most this road was doable, except for the portion my Dad was standing on.
3) Fable Valley. From this vantage point, a cliff dwelling, and a LARGE peublo can be seen. Next to them, many grainerys. To the left of the pic, a ruin in a cave almost all the way up the cliff.
4) This pic does not do the sage justice; it was six to seven feet high.
5) There was a running creek through the willows.

bh4rnnr 09-22-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inukshuk (Post 162902)
Lets go.
How long was the drive to the dirt?

Daniel, to the turn off from 211 (The road to Canyonlands) was about 7hrs from Denver. From there it's two hours to Beef Basin, our camp was about another 1.5-2hrs from the turn off for Beef Basin. Like I stated, we stopped at the "trail head" due to being a single and stock vehicle. The road we hiked couled be easly traveld;). The other road we tried looks to be the same, even found the line to take through the ledges.

bh4rnnr 09-22-2010 08:54 PM

5 Attachment(s)

1) After hiking the 4 mile hike into the valley bottom, and not a mile into the valley floor, we spotted this.
2) The Sunflowers were amazing!
3-4) We followed a side canyon to enjoy this spring.
5) One of many grainerys located in this side canyon

:beer:

wesintl 09-22-2010 09:02 PM

:drool:

nice perry!