Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   4Wheeling and Event Staging Area (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   One last Argentine Pass cleanup run before the snow? (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=14222)

treerootCO 10-11-2010 07:23 AM

One last Argentine Pass cleanup run before the snow?

Subzali mentioned at the last meeting he was thinking about going up for one last cleanup run before the year ends. Snowrun reported that there is a couch in need of removal here. The couch cushions are on the next switchback North of there. I am free Saturday and can probably head up after work with the Duramax to get the couch sometime this week. My only need is a way of disposing the couch once it is in the truck.

MDH33 10-11-2010 09:43 AM

Awesome! Glad you guys can do this. I'm away in MN until the 18th but hope you can make this happen. :thumb:

Snowrun 10-11-2010 10:22 AM

Does anyone have a place were we can dispose of the couch in a legal and responsible manner? Also most of the stay the trail signs have been pulled off. Other than that the trail looked pretty good.

DaveInDenver 10-11-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowrun (Post 164424)
Does anyone have a place were we can dispose of the couch in a legal and responsible manner?

I usually set stuff I don't want in the alley and it just disappears... Being near a college has advantages.

nuclearlemon 10-11-2010 10:53 AM

LlI'll be at the state quarterly meeting, but thanks for doing thus mike

Hulk 10-11-2010 12:47 PM

Take it to the local dump. If there is a fee, RS can reimburse this (within reason).

subzali 10-11-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowrun (Post 164424)
Does anyone have a place were we can dispose of the couch in a legal and responsible manner? Also most of the stay the trail signs have been pulled off. Other than that the trail looked pretty good.

If you call up the Clear Creek Ranger District they may allow us to drop it off at their dumpster, since we're pulling it off the trail in their district.

The main number is 303-567-3000
Brant's cell number is 303-567-3022

Tell them you're with Rising Sun and they may let us use their dumpster, and they may also give us Stay the Trail posters. I just called Brant and he didn't answer, I'm waiting to hear back from him. For me personally, Friday might work and Sunday morning might work, not really sure yet. Snowrun or Treeroot, do you want to take the lead on this one since I can't commit yet?

treerootCO 10-11-2010 01:10 PM

We are thinking about grabbing the couch after work today and then planning a 2nd trip this weekend as the official run for trash pickup.

Snowrun 10-11-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzali (Post 164442)
If you call up the Clear Creek Ranger District they may allow us to drop it off at their dumpster, since we're pulling it off the trail in their district.

Brant's cell number is 303-567-3022

Tell them you're with Rising Sun and they may let us use their dumpster, and they may also give us Stay the Trail posters. I just called Brant and he didn't answer, I'm waiting to hear back from him. For me personally, Friday might work and Sunday morning might work, not really sure yet. Snowrun or Treeroot, do you want to take the lead on this one since I can't commit yet?

Thank for the numbers we will give them a call.

treerootCO 10-11-2010 03:10 PM

ok, it's official if anyone wants to meet up there. Snowruns and I are leaving around 5 today, 10/11, and will be there in an hour depending on traffic.

I tried both numbers and both have the out of hours recording on due to the Federal holiday. I left a voice mail with Brent.

Idaho Springs ranger station - 303-567-2901