Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Trip and Event Reports (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   SNR 2010 Trip Report Thread (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=14336)

simps80 10-24-2010 12:31 AM

SNR 2010 Trip Report Thread

Well it may be bad form for me to start this thread off, but I wanted to say a couple things tonight real quick.

Nakman, great route, great run, great plan :thumb:

Nice to meet some new folks, always fun to see all the great trucks too.

But the point is, I just wanted to say a humble thanks again to everyone for helping get me out of that little jam.

Rising Sun has a lot of really knowledgeable, and helpful people that are willing to jump in, that was readily apparent this evening....so, just thanks.

And I'll say this too, cause i know that the kid in his new-to-him truck would want to if he knew where to do so ... Impressive work with the recovery for that poor group of kids. Coulda been a real long and dangerous night for those guys without Rising Sun coming along side of them to help out.

Perry and others probably, have a lot of pics, so for those that weren't there, the pictures will tell the story better than any long winded post I could put together.

Hope everyone makes it home safe from the kingston peak side tour as well.

and....

:risingsun

:cheers:

nakman 10-24-2010 01:56 AM

Success!! Mike thanks for starting the thread, and in many ways that was the best Spooky Night Run yet... man it had it all- I used just about every piece of recovery gear getting myself and a few others through, my shoulders are sore from shoveling. I'm amazed at how significant the conditions changed from just last Sunday to today.

My highlight was rolling up on that mini truck that was down waaaaaaay off the road, thinking maybe there's someone in there, and there was! Those kids must have been hot dogging it or something and were slid so far down it wasn't even funny, had we not come across them they'd still be there.

You thought that tiptoe through the trees was spooky The Kingston descent was downright scary, as soon as we made the right turn it was almost a sheet of ice the whole way down.. I've been on that Mammoth Gulch a bunch of times and that's the slowest I've ever gone.. but worth it as we all made it down safely. Though yes I do believe Treeroot was able to get one more recovery in before all was said and done.

Looking forward to the pictures and talking about the run for a while, thank you everyone who came out and brought food and pitched in on the trail, I think we've got a few new guys hooked on wheeling with the club.

:risingsun

treerootCO 10-24-2010 02:19 AM

Awesome run as always. Thank you for the excitement. :)

Kenon698 10-24-2010 02:23 AM

Nakman, thanks for a teriffic SNR. I had a great time. it was a perfect trail and the dinner was the best. Thanks to everyone for the tremendous food. you are right about the trail around Kingston. It was to slippery to walk so I think I am glad that i was driving.:thumb:

Snowrun 10-24-2010 02:46 AM

:thumb: Awesome run!!!

Jacket 10-24-2010 08:43 AM

:ranger:

bh4rnnr 10-24-2010 08:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacket (Post 165589)
:ranger:

Here is a teaser:p:.

Great run Tim! Fun to do a trail I have not done before, even it it was a little tippy and slippery... Great work on the recovery's everyone!

Fun to hang out with everyone again and look forward to the next one:cool:.

Will post more later, need some more rest right now:blah:.

:beer:

CardinalFJ60 10-24-2010 09:22 AM

Verrry Spooky!

4 Attachment(s)
probably the spookiest Spooky Night Run I've been on. Great Trail, great fun!

I slacked on taking lots of pictures, I was trying keep from sliding off the road.;) luckily, the 60 performed as though it were my Voltron robot cat.

Thanks again for pulling this all together, and GREAT Leading by Tim. That Kingston leg was pretty slick, but good communication kept everyone safe and on track.

here's a couple pics(If you look closely, you can see some real ghosts):

CardinalFJ60 10-24-2010 09:25 AM

a couple more...

1 Attachment(s)
more pics:

CardinalFJ60 10-24-2010 09:38 AM

pics

3 Attachment(s)
pics...