Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   CM2011 - Here I come (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=14864)

rhyary 01-10-2011 08:00 AM

CM2011 - Here I come

Finger on the trigger, can't wait.
Again I plan on driving Friday after work, arriving Sunday noon time to Moab.
I would love to get together and do trail on Monday. Last year I did Chicken Corner on Monday and it was fabulous, easy, introduction to Moab.

This year I would like to do something more challenging. My hope is to do Cliff Hanger on Monday but only if I can find an experience group to go with.

My wish list is follow:
Tue, Wed, Thu - Kikopelli tail (driving from Moab Tue morning to trail head)
Fri - Poison Spider Mesa
Sat - Wipe-Out Hill
Sun - I still want to do a trail here
Monday - Another tail? not sure

I might do the White Rim again if I can find a partner or more. Sunday Monday white rim sounds good. I might just try to get reservation for more than one night to have the option. Last year I left home on Thu after the event. But this year I will be heading home sooner. Can't do the full two weeks again.

All in all, I had great time last year not only on the trails but also meeting lots of you guys. Looking forward to reconnect.

RockRunner 01-10-2011 10:41 AM

Good to see you can make it once again. We are going to make a lifer out of you yet. See you when the snow clears.

Air Randy 01-10-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockRunner (Post 172388)
Good to see you can make it once again. We are going to make a lifer out of you yet. See you when the snow clears.

Bring your tow strap, Tom will probably need you to pull him out again :lmao:

FJBRADY 01-10-2011 11:57 AM

:D :lmao::drink::kipper::campfire::doh:

bumpitorcrawlit 01-10-2011 12:52 PM

Can't wait!!

I've got my credit card loaded and am ready to pull the trigger!

Looking forward to my second "Cruise Moab"

Wondering about the slickrock campground. I will have my Suburban pulling my crawler. Do I need to reserve an RV site? I won't be using any hook ups or anything. If I just put the trailer in the overflow area I could just rent a tent site. Anybody have any thoughts on this. I loved being at Area BFE. Maybe slickrock will be even better?

See you all there and I am sure I will be posting more as we approach the date.

84cruzer 01-10-2011 02:14 PM

When??

Does registration open??? :hill:

Hants 01-10-2011 02:45 PM

Registration will open this evening. If you send an email to the link on the page, I'll send you an email when it does.

See you in Moab!

:beer:

Hulk 01-10-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumpitorcrawlit (Post 172405)
Wondering about the slickrock campground. I will have my Suburban pulling my crawler. Do I need to reserve an RV site? I won't be using any hook ups or anything. If I just put the trailer in the overflow area I could just rent a tent site. Anybody have any thoughts on this. I loved being at Area BFE. Maybe slickrock will be even better?

You can probably get a tent site and park your trailer in overflow.

Inukshuk 01-10-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumpitorcrawlit (Post 172405)
Wondering about the slickrock campground. I will have my Suburban pulling my crawler. Do I need to reserve an RV site? I won't be using any hook ups or anything. If I just put the trailer in the overflow area I could just rent a tent site. Anybody have any thoughts on this.

The tent sites are out of the way in a back corner, less action and much smaller. They also do not have water and electric. Before I discovered the cabins I once almost stayed at a tent site but moved right away to be in the action. I also figure that since its not real camping (hence now a cabin) that I'd just as well have 110V (lights, space heater, hot pot) and H20.

Row behind cabins or row on right when you drive in are great places to put up a tent and easy to share with 2-3 tents.

Woodsman 01-12-2011 08:06 PM

I'm booked. See all you Coloradoans there.