Less than a month away!
What wrenching/preparation do you have left?
I still need to:
1. Find a rear seat and install in my 40 to strap the little one in.
2. Do fluids and filters.
3. Install new Ham and antenna.
4. Find and pack spares, tools, camping gear.
1. Inventory and organize spares, tools, miscellaneous STARTED.
2. Fix air leak in plumbing. Should take ten minutes (famous last words ) CHECK. It actually was very simple.
3. Toy with idea of throwing a blower in the Chili. With 3 weeks to sort it. Really dumb. CHECK... Complete! Test run advised...
4. Sort the Ready-Welder for WF arc. I seem to be a popular resource at CM and shouldn't have to rely on Marco to fix Perry 'Iron Man' Loughridge. :lmao: :lmao:
5. Build spare diff.
6. Re-shim the rear axle. It's been wrong for years but now I'm a bit concerned with extra power the stress may stress something else! Besides, no reason the Chili shouldn't be like buttah under acceleration.
Anybody have 2* steel shims, before I go ordering some from Roger Brown? Ordered from Roger. Received and installed, much better! DONE
1) Oil change
2) Carrier bearing spacer (maybe... I'm pretty happy with just the axle shims. either way, takes 10 min tops)
3) Finish painting skids
4) Install skids
5) Put together tools and fluids and everything
7) Attempt to sleep the night before we roll out :D
Well... good thing I am going to sort out the Ready-Welder. 146.460 baby. :D
Says the guy putting a supercharger on right before the trip...
1. replace latch on swing out- done
2. change oil- done
3. repair/replace ARB compressor- done
4. replace diff fluids.
5. swap roof rack
6. touch up paint sliders
7. finish rear drawer
8. Go to Disney World
Install Aussie locker in rear and replace the bearings- DONE, bearings were OK
Install minitruck power steering - ARGH
Flush brake fluids and check front pads/rotors - DONE
Install radio and console
Rebuild center arm and drag link - DONE
Change engine oil and diffs
Fix wobbly turn signals
Fix left rear brake lamp short
I have 11 years worth of experience in screwing something up performing pre-Cruise Moab maintenance, repairs and mods. So this year I have decided all I am going to do is fill up the gas tank.
not actually registered or running trails with the group, i'll be on my own game, so does that mean that i don't have to go thru the cruise moab panic plan, or can this just be like any other wheeling weekend ;)
seriously thinking of picking up my "daily driver" 315s and regearing the diffs before then.......
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:05 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.