Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   So where's the biggest fireworks display for the 4th? (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=15941)

1loudLX 06-19-2011 07:05 PM

So where's the biggest fireworks display for the 4th?
 
OK so usually every 2nd, 3rd & 4th I get to watch some amazing fireworks displays at all the different beach clubs back in NY. Not going back for the 4th sooooo anyone got some recommendations on awesome fireworks displays to be seen out here? Do people even celebrate Independence Day out here? :lmao:

gr8fulabe 06-19-2011 07:24 PM

If you like the Blues Brothers, go to their show at Red Rocks on the 4th. They play every year & take a set break right around the time the fireworks start. You can go up top at Red Rocks & see fireworks go off across the front range for like 100 miles. granted, they are farther away, so they are small, but it really is a neat sight, & a great show every year.

Crash 06-19-2011 07:58 PM

Huh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8fulabe (Post 185602)
If you like the Blues Brothers, go to their show at Red Rocks on the 4th. They play every year & take a set break right around the time the fireworks start. You can go up top at Red Rocks & see fireworks go off across the front range for like 100 miles. granted, they are farther away, so they are small, but it really is a neat sight, & a great show every year.


Uncle Ben 06-19-2011 08:10 PM

My wifes birthday is the 4th of July so where ever she want to go we go! In Colorado the two best places to be on the 4th that we have found is Ouray or Telluride. Both places will not have accommodation unless booked a minimum of 6 mos in advance! Ouray is just plain old fashioned (at the fringe of hooky) fun. The whole town is one huge party with activities everywhere. Have dinner at Buen Tiempo and you'll probably get to meet Dennis Weaver. Fireworks are shot off the switchbacks and the roar through the box canyon is unbelievable! Telluride is much more civilized but also ultra crowded. Stake out a spot near the court house early for the parade and you'll probably see Tom and Katie Cruise. Oprah is a regular in town also and has a awesome coffee shop on the East end of town. Fireworks are, beyond words, incredible and are shot over the park where a massive community BBQ is put on with games and entertainment a plenty!

Locally most places are similar and I haven't done Denver or south but up North, Longmont and Boulder seem to compete every year.

gr8fulabe 06-19-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash (Post 185604)
Huh?

Sorry, Blues Traveler. Not sure where Blues Brothers typed out of...

gm4x4lover 06-19-2011 08:55 PM

Palmer lake usually has some pretty sweet displays. They also have stuff going on all day.

farnhamstj 06-19-2011 09:07 PM

The fireworks in Avon are pretty good. I think they claim largest in the state.(could be Vail marketing department rating)

Crash 06-19-2011 09:19 PM

Another "Huh?" Dennis Weaver died in 2006. Not sure I'm ready to meet him in his current place of habitation. Some of you guys must have had a really good Fathers' Day! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Ben (Post 185606)
My wifes birthday is the 4th of July so where ever she want to go we go! In Colorado the two best places to be on the 4th that we have found is Ouray or Telluride. Both places will not have accommodation unless booked a minimum of 6 mos in advance! Ouray is just plain old fashioned (at the fringe of hooky) fun. The whole town is one huge party with activities everywhere. Have dinner at Buen Tiempo and you'll probably get to meet Dennis Weaver. Fireworks are shot off the switchbacks and the roar through the box canyon is unbelievable! Telluride is much more civilized but also ultra crowded. Stake out a spot near the court house early for the parade and you'll probably see Tom and Katie Cruise. Oprah is a regular in town also and has a awesome coffee shop on the East end of town. Fireworks are, beyond words, incredible and are shot over the park where a massive community BBQ is put on with games and entertainment a plenty!

Locally most places are similar and I haven't done Denver or south but up North, Longmont and Boulder seem to compete every year.


1loudLX 06-19-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8fulabe (Post 185602)
granted, they are farther away, so they are small, but it really is a neat sight, & a great show every year.

When you're on the coast in Westchester County you can see fireworks going off over on Long Island.

Quote:

Originally Posted by farnhamstj (Post 185615)
The fireworks in Avon are pretty good. I think they claim largest in the state.(could be Vail marketing department rating)

Like when they say 14" of fresh and I get up there and there's maybe 3"?


Getting a high perch and looking out across the front range watching fireworks seems very romantic.

Nay 06-19-2011 10:31 PM

Vail's fireworks are fantastic. I think seeing a good show in the high country is more than worth the trip.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.