Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Trip and Event Reports (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   2011 Argentine Pass Cleanup Run (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=15986)

subzali 06-26-2011 10:09 PM

2011 Argentine Pass Cleanup Run

was great ;)

I forgot my camera, but no fear! Perry took lots of pictures, which I'm sure he'll post up before too long.

Bad news is, we've got lots of work to do up there :( A few things I knew about and a bunch of others that are new. I'll post up more details later, gotta put together a report for the Forest Service.

Old40Dog 06-26-2011 11:53 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Matt, thanks for putting this together and leading today. We had a blast and got some work done too. Here are a few pics;

1) First trip for the RTT on the Replica M416.
2) Lots of fast moving water!
3) Crossing the water...with a nice mud hole on other side :eek:
4) View of the snow from Waldorf mine site.

:risingsun Thanks to all who participated! :risingsun

cbmontgo 06-27-2011 01:09 PM

Great pics; please post up more if you can! I had really intended to come up yesterday, but spent Saturday dealing with vapor lock up in Pike NF.

So the road is clear all the way to Waldorf? Were there a lot of people up there?

subzali 06-27-2011 01:15 PM

Both roads clear up to the Waldorf site; snowdrifts block the road past that, probably be 2-4 weeks before it's clear up to Argentine/McClellan. We saw about 20 4x4s and a handful of ATVs/dirtbikes. Only a handful of people camping. All the snow has kept people away I think. There was very little trash to clean up, which was surprising.

bh4rnnr 06-27-2011 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Working on photos... More will be coming. Rising Sun Rocks!:bowdown::cheers:

:beer:

Attachment 24120

MDH33 06-28-2011 10:27 AM

Thanks to everyone who made it. Sorry I wasn't able to tag along. Next time I'll take the day off. :thumb:

Matt, do you have my staple gun?

kurtnkegger 06-28-2011 10:34 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone for making my wife, Carolyn, and I feel so welcome. My brother-in-law, Sean, had a great time with all of you as well (even if he was driving a Rangie)!! Appologies for leaving early, but we had weekend chores still at hand that needed to get done. Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future!!

Kurt

Here are a few pictures...ran across a couple of young deer on the way down...went back the way we came, as we didn't know any other way out...

nicholasandrews 06-28-2011 11:38 PM

It was nice meeting you too Kurt. Glad you guys had fun! :beer:

-Nick

subzali 06-30-2011 10:18 AM

Kurt, it was great having you along! Sorry you couldn't stay for the rest of the run, you would have gotten a kick out of the water crossings!

kurtnkegger 06-30-2011 12:45 PM

Thanks Matt, I think Carolyn and I are going to head back up there and do some exploring...going to try and find that tramway...