Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Ham & CB Radio Corner (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Just got tech! (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=16312)

dan1554 08-18-2011 06:14 PM

Just got tech!
 
Just got my callsign - KDPKJ

After the last run, there was no way I would be going out again sans HAM.

Anyone out there have any recommendations of how a N00b can get more involved with this stuff? A guy I tested with recommended 6m, any experience with that?

See you on the air :blah:

CardinalFJ60 08-18-2011 06:25 PM

Oh boy...
 
'there goes the neighborhood'...congrats!!

I'll help you explore the local 2m repeaters. It can be fun to test out tx/rx signal, power needs etc with someone on the other end to verify you can be heard.

:thumb::thumb:

wesintl 08-18-2011 09:51 PM

cq, cq

Congrats Dan!

Hulk 08-19-2011 11:42 AM

Nicely done!

daveIT 08-19-2011 04:59 PM

Congrats from another new Ham! I mostly hang around 145.130, but I'm starting to branch out to others.

Dave / KD0PGD

dan1554 08-19-2011 05:02 PM

Thanks, will try some repeaters this weekend and see if I cant strike up a conversation or two. :cheers:

dan1554 08-19-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveIT (Post 189578)
Congrats from another new Ham! I mostly hang around 145.130, but I'm starting to branch out to others.

Dave / KD0PGD

Just missed your post... Yeah I was monitoring 145.130 pre-license and heard occasional traffic, but also want to branch out a bit. Going to try to hit the CRA 147.225 repeater with Shawn tomorrow. No time set, but if you're around I'll probably be monitoring it at least part of the day while I'm wrenching on the truck.

CardinalFJ60 08-20-2011 12:10 AM

cool
 
I'll be setting up the new radio for APRS in the 60...I'll give you a shout. Then we can check simplex and other fun stuff. when your ready, get yourself a Yaesu 7r for your next and only HT. ;) that way you can start messing with 6m too. Make that dipole for fun. :thumb:

bh4rnnr 08-20-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan1554 (Post 189514)
Just got my callsign - KDPKJ

After the last run, there was no way I would be going out again sans HAM.

Anyone out there have any recommendations of how a N00b can get more involved with this stuff? A guy I tested with recommended 6m, any experience with that?

See you on the air :blah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardinalFJ60 (Post 189515)
'there goes the neighborhood'...congrats!!

I'll help you explore the local 2m repeaters. It can be fun to test out tx/rx signal, power needs etc with someone on the other end to verify you can be heard.

:thumb::thumb:

Cool, so now you two can talk to each other from across the office:hill:.

Congrats Dan:thumb: Guess your ready for Outlaws:cool:

:beer:

daveIT 08-21-2011 10:11 AM

hts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CardinalFJ60 (Post 189596)
I'll be setting up the new radio for APRS in the 60...I'll give you a shout. Then we can check simplex and other fun stuff. when your ready, get yourself a Yaesu 7r for your next and only HT. ;) that way you can start messing with 6m too. Make that dipole for fun. :thumb:

I got one of those cheap, little Baofeng's coming from Hong Kong. I'm going to try that out. I want a Yaesu HT eventually, but figured I could use the other as a backup. Of course if I like it, I may buy a couple more for $50! Haha.

I'm looking at the FT-60R or that 7R. I have a bunch of Amazon gift card money from trading in old college books. I just wish they would get some more Yaesu dealers on there...Advanced Specialties has the prices jacked up...Amazon must take a good cut of it or something.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.