Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Trip and Event Reports (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   2011 Argentine Pass Cleanup Run 2 (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=16556)

subzali 09-26-2011 07:39 AM

2011 Argentine Pass Cleanup Run 2

5 Attachment(s)
We had a GREAT day up in the hills yesterday and got a TON of work done! Thank you to all who participated! Ranger Huber was there, which was AWESOME, and we definitely took advantage of the time to talk about future projects and identify problem areas. Over all, the trail looked EXCELLENT, with only minor trash at a couple campsites. The attempted snow drift bypasses are healing satisfactorily, and with hopefully a couple of projects next spring the area should be in tip-top shape!

We explored the lower road first (248.1B), put up some carsenite, then moved to the south side of the valley (248.1A), checked out 248.1D and had lunch, then checked the closure at the top of 248.1A. We headed back to the main road (248.1), where most of the group split and headed back to Denver. Myself with Martin, CJ7Matt and Rick headed up to the top of Argentine Pass proper, checked some signage, then proceeded to head out. We got back to the trailhead just after 5:30, and it was definitely time to call it a day! We filled up the back of the FS pickup with trash bags, boy we ended up with a surprising amount of trash, seems like there's always some new trash cache to find when you're exploring around campsites.

Anyway, some pictures:

subzali 09-26-2011 07:41 AM

5 Attachment(s)
more

subzali 09-26-2011 07:46 AM

5 Attachment(s)
last

Uncle Ben 09-26-2011 08:29 AM

Awesome.....thank you folks for your time and efforts! Looks like you were treated to some serious eye candy!!!!!

rover67 09-26-2011 09:00 AM

Nice work you guys!!! It looks like you guys got some really nice colors and got a lot done! Pretty sweet that you got to work with such a cool ranger!

SRT08BUS 09-26-2011 11:28 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I ended up hitting the trail at 10:10 and took a spur that lead to a camp site to clean. I reached Santiago Mine around 11:30 where I waited thinking lunch would be at the mine and i hike up the hill to get pictures of the group as they came around the corner after a few on the hill (an hour) i decided to walk around all the pits around the building to pick stuff up, mostly water bottles, but i did manage to roll a old tire up the hill and placed it next to the trail as I did not have any place to put it. at about 1:20 i decided to head back down to see if I could run into anyone and also to head home, while picking up trash along the way. When I finally got down I waited at the bottom to get pics while taking short hikes up to pick up trash throw of or blown off the trail a bit. All in all it was a great day even if I didn't get to meet up with everyone until the end, between being out doors, helping out a area i love and seeing and hearing reactions from people I ran into who i told about our efforts, I make it done as a satisfying day!

SRT08BUS 09-26-2011 11:37 AM

5 Attachment(s)
some more

subzali 09-26-2011 12:10 PM

Brandon, sorry we missed you for most of the day but glad that you were able to check out some areas that we were not. I'll be back up there Friday to pick up that tire! Did you happen to try and reach us on the radio?

farnhamstj 09-26-2011 02:11 PM

Thanks for efforts, sorry we weren't there to help.

bh4rnnr 09-26-2011 08:55 PM

Great work guys!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I wasnt able to make it. Plum tired and needed to catch up on some ZZZZZZ's.

Looks like there was some great color up there, now i'm kinda bummed I missed it:(.

:beer::beer: