Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Is it too early to talk about CM2012? (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=16718)

rhyary 10-25-2011 01:37 PM

Is it too early to talk about CM2012?

And so my summer activities are over.
Did the last 4x4 trip for this year.
Put my Ducati away for the winter.

As I fall into the winter hibernation, I am starting to count the days for CM2012.

Corbet 10-25-2011 07:19 PM

Not really. Talk all you want...

Red_Chili 10-26-2011 01:09 PM

What Duc?
They run pretty well in winter too... LOL

Rzeppa 10-27-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red_Chili (Post 195109)
What Duc?
They run pretty well in winter too... LOL

The snow doesn't melt in Albany until June...

:lmao:

rhyary 10-28-2011 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This Duc. Can't find snow tires for it

RockRunner 10-29-2011 12:11 AM

Nice:thumb: That you?

AreaBFE 10-29-2011 01:16 PM

See you out there!!!

rhyary 10-31-2011 09:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockRunner (Post 195315)
Nice:thumb: That you?

Yes it's me.

I am amazed at how much the machine determined how I enjoy the activity.

I really really like to go slow with my LX450. In fact I detest it if I have to hurry up. Last year after CM2011 I stayed for few more days. I did Chicken Corner idling in first gear listening to Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohn. I enjoyed that I did not have to catch up with anyone and was not holding anyone back. I routinely chug a long at 65mph no matter how fast the road is or how clear the traffic is. In town I rarely go above 30mph even in the 40mph. What I am saying is not that I like to go slow, but I like how the machine feels when it go slow.

On the other hand, on the Ducati I hate going slow. I have to go fast or I don't enjoy it. As a result and self preservation of my body and wallet, I rarely ride on the street. I just take it to the track and get my fix in a safe environment where everyone go the same direction, no cops, and no surprise sand in the corner.

RockRunner 10-31-2011 06:25 PM

Looking good and I agree with the track.

xodeuce 11-04-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyary (Post 195411)
Yes it's me.

I am amazed at how much the machine determined how I enjoy the activity.

I really really like to go slow with my LX450. In fact I detest it if I have to hurry up. Last year after CM2011 I stayed for few more days. I did Chicken Corner idling in first gear listening to Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohn. I enjoyed that I did not have to catch up with anyone and was not holding anyone back. I routinely chug a long at 65mph no matter how fast the road is or how clear the traffic is. In town I rarely go above 30mph even in the 40mph. What I am saying is not that I like to go slow, but I like how the machine feels when it go slow.

On the other hand, on the Ducati I hate going slow. I have to go fast or I don't enjoy it. As a result and self preservation of my body and wallet, I rarely ride on the street. I just take it to the track and get my fix in a safe environment where everyone go the same direction, no cops, and no surprise sand in the corner.

There's a quote I really like from Ted Bishop's book Riding With Rilke:
You can go as fast as you like on a motorcycle--but never hurry on a motorcycle.
I agree with your sentiments though. For me, speed may be dramatically different, but either way hurrying screws with my focus.