Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   CM2012 Pre Run - Sun and Mon (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=17120)

rhyary 01-11-2012 09:15 AM

CM2012 Pre Run - Sun and Mon

Once a gain I planing to make the 2200 miles trip.

I plan to leave NY either Thu after work, or Fri after work.

Unlike the previous time, I will not have the days to stay past the event days. So I am heading back On Sat after the Sat trails. I have observed that basically not many stay past Sat.

So for me to do extra trails it needs to be before the event. More specifically the extra days I can have are Sun and Mon. I should arrive into town Sat.

I am looking for trail partners for Sun Mon assuming I can get into the Koko.
If I can't get int the Koko, I will try the San Rafael.

In general, I prefer to go on a multi day expedition before the event, and do CM trails during the event.

Any help is appreciated.

nakman 01-13-2012 08:55 AM

Hey Rami we'll have a group camping out at Blue Notch Canyon again.. you are welcome to join, the setup is very expedition-friendly but doesn't have to be. When you have a map out look for Hite Crossing, that's the closest landmark.. it's west of the west side of Canyonlands NP, where we'll likely be doing day trips, etc. Plan is camping down there Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights.. but if you end up doing Koko then just bail a day early.

rhyary 01-14-2012 07:01 AM

Sounds great.
I found Hite Crossings bridge on Google map
Will I be able to find you Sat night at the dark?

Will you be doing a trail on Sunday?

nakman 01-15-2012 11:14 PM

It's possible, but we may not make it until Sunday, too early to predict. I'd guess the first trail run would be Monday as most would arrive throughout the day Sunday, but likely camp somewhere fun on Saturday night? Just not all the way down in Hite..

jonheld 01-16-2012 08:34 AM

GCLC Takeover

You guys are gonna be lousy with east coasters this year. We've got 8 GCLC members making the trip.

CardinalFJ60 01-16-2012 10:35 AM

yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyary (Post 200700)
Sounds great.
I found Hite Crossings bridge on Google map
Will I be able to find you Sat night at the dark?

YES. ;) BTDT. Thanks again to Martin, Perry and Sean who got me there last year.

84cruzer 01-16-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardinalFJ60 (Post 200853)
YES. ;) BTDT. Thanks again to Martin, Perry and Sean who got me there last year.

Any pictures or links to other threads, my curiosity has gotten the best of me? :bowdown:

Dusther 01-16-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonheld (Post 200834)
You guys are gonna be lousy with east coasters this year. We've got 8 GCLC members making the trip.

Hey Jon. With the 8 of the GCLC and 2 of us from FL coming in CM won't stand a chance..lol.. Birdman is all over this.

CardinalFJ60 01-16-2012 04:39 PM

couple o' teasers

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 84cruzer (Post 200872)
Any pictures or links to other threads, my curiosity has gotten the best of me? :bowdown:

ask...and you shall receive.

rhyary 03-08-2012 10:13 AM

Nak,
It looks like I will be arriving Sunday to Moab.
I guess I will not be able to do a trail on Sunday.
So if I take a short break in town and head out to Hite Crossing I should able to find you guys there. Right?
Then I can do a trail Monday, probably leaving early Tue morning to Koko trail head.

Rami