Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Favorite Ipad/Iphone apps and accessories (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=17254)

Caribou Sandstorm 02-01-2012 03:51 PM

Favorite Ipad/Iphone apps and accessories

Thought this would be a good thing to start sharing.

Today I just picked up a Targus wireless keyboard for my Ipad2. Very easy to set up and the keyboard is wider then the Ipad making it a bit w=easier to type then the keyboards built into the covers.

Got it at Radio Shack for 39.00 on sale through this Saturday. Not sure if that was a great sale, I guess it was 59.00 and they said they got them in before Christmas. I bought the extended warranty for 2 years for 10.00 more dollars.

I know the extended warranties are kind of a waist but my Ben can break plastic with his eyes...:)

Also, my favorite apps so far are the Starbucks locator app and the app that records your speed while skiing!

Jacket 02-01-2012 03:55 PM

My wife and I were playing family feud on the Ipad last night :cool: :homer:

CardinalFJ60 02-01-2012 05:17 PM

LOTS of 'em and I actually use these.

I have one called "offline topo maps" and dan1554 here on the board has a similar but better version. it's cool and simple.

Weather apps: I have like 4 of'em (nerd alert), but my favorites are the NOAA HD and "living earth". NOAA for regular radar maps, and forecasts....Living Earth for the sheer beauty of the app - it's simple, has a gorgoues UI, and actually shows you the weather info you want at a glance.

Games...well...to fight off "old-timers"...I'm hooked on Words w/Friends. I have all the others. (those pissed off birds, the one with tiny wings, Where's my Water is cool and cut the rope) those are my faves.

News...I have the CNN and AP apps. nice to check in on when you hit Green River after three days in the Swell.;):D

Wine: for you winos out there...get the WTSO app. (I've gotten Silver Oak for $38/bottle shipped - 'nuf said. )

HAM: ARRL's repeater locator and Database + the General exam prep.

Travel: I70 cams, SAS survival app.

:cheers:

rover67 02-01-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardinalFJ60 (Post 202727)
Wine: for you winos out there...get the WTSO app. (I've gotten Silver Oak for $38/bottle shipped - 'nuf said. )

:cheers:

Napa or Alexander Valley ;)

OilHammer 02-02-2012 09:34 AM

I used the exam prep for the HAM test as well. Pretty effective, especially if you spend a good bit of time on the throne or on the Light Rail and want to be more productive. Heh...TMI It only took me about 2 days flipping around in that app to go in and pass the test. It's the "Amateur Radio Exam Prep:" series. Start with the free one, but you don't see all the questions until you purchase it. LOTS of the questions were verbatim on the actual test.

CardinalFJ60 02-02-2012 09:44 AM

busted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rover67 (Post 202730)
Napa or Alexander Valley ;)

aaaah....very wise question. it was the Alexander Valley for that price, but I did pick up the Napa Valley one time for $58.

Kipper 02-02-2012 09:45 AM

Tower Madness!

Best tower defense game ever. I've been playing it for almost 3 years now and I still love it.

Caribou Sandstorm 02-02-2012 11:01 AM

Alexander Valley has many older vineyards than Napa.

My parents lived near there and the stuff from there is pretty amazing.

My kids discovered "cut the rope" game, pretty tame and safe for little ones to play. Amazing at how good they are at these games.

Blair hooked my up with a great map app, can't think of the name of right now.

Also at Radio Shack saw a head rest holder for the ipad, in case you want to use it for kids to watch a movie.

http://us.cygnett.com/ipad/cargo.html The shack has this for 29.00

rover67 02-02-2012 11:17 AM

not knocking Alexander valley, but $38 for a bottle of Silver Oak from Napa would be a killer deal that I wouldn't want to pass up!!!!!

corsair23 02-02-2012 11:30 AM

No Temple Run posted up yet? Seems to be the current fad although IMO a lot easier to play on an iTouch/iPhone than the Pad :)