Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Snow on Evans! (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=173)

bh4rnnr 09-14-2005 08:40 AM

Snow on Evans!

Just saw Evans this mornin. Has a slight coating of snow. Should we see whocan gues on when the first snow will hit Denver?

Uncle Ben 09-14-2005 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bh4rnnr
Just saw Evans this mornin. Has a slight coating of snow. Should we see whocan gues on when the first snow will hit Denver?

I forgot to mention that yesterday when I was on the Gold Lake Ridge a few snow flakes were falling! Looking towards Indian Peaks it looks like a few more than a few were falling. Woo Hoo! Maybe we should make a cheap bet...winner gets cash at next meeting...say $1 per guess per person?

Evrgrnmtnman 09-14-2005 09:01 AM

Got a mixture of some snow and hail up here where I live at 9200ft last night....Temperature read 34 Degrees. Time to get that plow truck ready!

bh4rnnr 09-14-2005 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Ben
I forgot to mention that yesterday when I was on the Gold Lake Ridge a few snow flakes were falling! Looking towards Indian Peaks it looks like a few more than a few were falling. Woo Hoo! Maybe we should make a cheap bet...winner gets cash at next meeting...say $1 per guess per person?

I was thinking a six pack of some fina ale :)

Uncle Ben 09-14-2005 09:01 PM

Quote:

I was thinking a six pack of some fina ale :)

I'm in...create the rules/guidlines. :)

nuclearlemon 09-14-2005 10:54 PM

Snow Dance!!!!!

bh4rnnr 09-15-2005 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Ben
I'm in...create the rules/guidlines. :)

Alright, how bout whoever gets the closest to the first snow date wins the fine liqued. Seeing how it's getting colder and colder every night, lets say deadline is this sunday? anubody who didnt win helps buy? How much should we bet here?

And i'm still thinking about my date ;)

Uncle Ben 09-15-2005 09:45 PM

Quote:

Alright, how bout whoever gets the closest to the first snow date wins the fine liqued. Seeing how it's getting colder and colder every night, lets say deadline is this sunday? anubody who didnt win helps buy? How much should we bet here?

And i'm still thinking about my date ;)

Define first snow! Dusting on roofs and lawns? Streets white? Or just flakes floating?

Bobzooki 09-16-2005 09:50 AM

Define where, too! I bet it's a lot earlier at my place (9,000 feet, and south of Rollinsville), than at somebodies place in Highlands Ranch.

bh4rnnr 09-19-2005 01:27 PM

Alright, totaly forgot abouth this.... Lets say at least a little dusting on the lawns.. Where, in Denver. How about deadline this sunday?? Who ever gets closest wins the fine ale??