Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   For Sale / Wanted (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   1973 FJ40 Wheels, fenders, frt turn signals (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=17439)

TonkaToy 03-06-2012 03:23 PM

1973 FJ40 Wheels, fenders, frt turn signals

I had just built some tube fenders for my 40 and I built the turnsignals into the front edge of them....therefore, I have the 2 factory turn signals that are almost new that I would part with, if anyone is in need. As I recall they were not easy to find and were kind of pricey!
Also, my old fenders, that have some trail damage on the inner 'skirt' and rust but still workable, I think.
Finally, I have 2 sets of chrome (and rust) wheels that fit on it. One set is the 'directional blade' type and the other set is the 'stock looking' toyota 5 spoke and I have 5 of each wheel. All have some rust but SOS pads and a little elbow greese and they clean up nice. :thumb:
Before I load up any pictures, I'd thought I'd see if there was any interest in any of this. Let me know if youd like to see anything and I will get some pictures and entertain any offers from my fellow cruiser heads! :cheers:

MDH33 03-06-2012 03:30 PM

I'm interested in the turn signals. :thumb:

TonkaToy 03-07-2012 08:23 AM

Martin,
$50 the pair, fair? I think I paid $60 each for them.

MDH33 03-07-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonkaToy (Post 206181)
Martin,
$50 the pair, fair? I think I paid $60 each for them.

Sounds fair to me as long as they are OEM in good shape and the wires aren't cut.

I can't make the meeting tonight but if you have paypal, I can send the funds plus enough to cover a USPS priority flat rate box.

:beer:

Rezarf 03-07-2012 02:10 PM

Tonka, lets see the new fenders man! :D

TonkaToy 03-08-2012 08:50 AM

Martin, Let me get them off and make sure that are all I remember them to be! I dont have a paypal act but I am quite sure you are good for a check! Lets PM address' and I will send you a box for an envelope! I will get a good look at them tonight and get back to you.
Rezarf, I am very happy with my fenders. For being an insurance agent with a new welder and no experience....not too shabby. One kid I know that went to welding school didn't beleive I did them myself. I also shot a new coat of paint on the whole thing, while I was at it. I know, get a life, right?? I am uploading some pictures and will get them up later today!

TonkaToy 03-08-2012 09:06 AM

new fenders and paint!

4 Attachment(s)
I used 'pond liner' and made new fender liners, but I didn't take any pictures of them when I had the wheel off though.

corsair23 03-08-2012 03:15 PM

Those are pretty sweet :thumb:

I like the integrated lights...sort of Audi-ish :)

TonkaToy 03-13-2012 10:44 AM

Turn signal removal.....failure! I was able to get the drivers side off but the passenger side is a no go. I deformed the hollow stud trying to get it off :( It still has a good lens/trim, and the drivers side came off ok. The trim and drivers side housing has been painted black as well. Sorry, I guess I should have pulled them off before posting their sale!

MDH33 03-13-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonkaToy (Post 206688)
Turn signal removal.....failure! I was able to get the drivers side off but the passenger side is a no go. I deformed the hollow stud trying to get it off :( It still has a good lens/trim, and the drivers side came off ok. The trim and drivers side housing has been painted black as well. Sorry, I guess I should have pulled them off before posting their sale!

No problem, thanks for checking on it though. I'll probably splurge on some new ones when I get around to fender replacement/rust repairs.