Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   fire in pine/junction / conifer area (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=17572)

bomber22 03-26-2012 10:50 PM

fire in pine/junction / conifer area

to those that live in the pine /junction /conifer /southplatte area I hope every thing is ok.if not please post if there is any thing you need, i know the RS FOLKS WILL STEP UP like they allway's do.

I may not be a member, but I enjoy this group . if somebody needs help and i can help then i'm in. wife approval later.
720-261-6583

baja1d 03-27-2012 07:33 AM

fire in pine/junction / conifer area

Second that. We've got an extra bedroom and a camper. I've experienced mandatory evacuations in the past and it's NO fun.

72o-987-42o2

RockRunner 03-27-2012 10:39 AM

Fire is about 4-5 miles from our house as the crow flies. If it were to turn east it would hit Roxborough and Lockheed. So far the patern has been N-NE and if that stays the course it would hit Chatfield homes instead and Deer Creek canyon homes.

9News has a good map right now of the area, just have to hope the fire turns on itself today and burns out............like that is going to happen. What a fricking week ::eek: :(

DaveInDenver 03-27-2012 10:55 AM

If you want to hear some of the live radio chatter, 155.220 has been active (Elk Creek dispatch but might be multi-agency) and 146.670 is the district ARES hams. If you have a trunking scanner, the talk group seems to be one of Aurora's TAC EDACS, although I only hear parts since my radio can't follow channel hops and is only analog on 850MHz.

RockRunner 03-27-2012 11:59 AM

I have a scanner app on my phone that works really well. Was listening to it last night and there is also one thru the Pine Juntion set up.

Rzeppa 03-27-2012 01:25 PM

Pinecam.com gave a link to scanner site on the internet, my wife and I were listening to it on the computer last night.

I work about 8 miles due north of the fire and you can smell the smoke here. A few minutes ago we got an automated message from the sheriff department telling us to be ready to evacuate on a moment's notice.

RockRunner 03-27-2012 02:16 PM

Listening to that scanner for the last 5 hours pretty wild. I also have the app on the phone so listening while driving. Need to find out where that spotfire is near Waterton canyon.

subzali 03-27-2012 02:32 PM

so far the fire is continuing to hang out a couple miles or so SE of the in-laws house, and generally moving NE. Glad to see the aerial support today. Leif's family has property right next to my in-laws, so I'm sure we're all pretty uneasy.

Air Randy 03-27-2012 03:17 PM

Hope everyone is OK up there and doesn't have to evacuate. I know I was working in the shop last night and the smoke was so thick even at my place that it looked like fog blowing past the outside lights.

corsair23 03-27-2012 04:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My in-laws place is a couple miles NW of where the map I looked at shows the fire started...With the winds yesterday it was luckily for them blowing away from them...

Here is a shot (sorry...cell phone pic) of how bad the smoke got in the Littleton area (Broadway & Arapahoe) last night at my daughter's soccer practice