Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Fly Fishing (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=178)

gcmandrake 09-14-2005 09:56 PM

Fly Fishing

Does anyone out there fly fish?

Matt

Uncle Ben 09-14-2005 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcmandrake
Does anyone out there fly fish?

Matt

Wish I did....never learned....now I don't have time too fish (or take the time)

El Jefe 09-14-2005 10:22 PM

Yep, tie my own flies too. Never seem to get out enough though...kinda like my four wheeling... :mad:

Chris

jjhancock 09-14-2005 10:34 PM

yep

I posted a similar thread in the spring. Don't fish or wheel enough at all... I would like find a nice remote place to fish that requires 4x4 access to avoid the crowds. Probably not much time left for the high alpine lakes though with the snow coming...

nuclearlemon 09-14-2005 10:44 PM

magoo doesn't fly fish, i don't think, but i can guarantee he wouldn't mind doing it. and he'd love to go anyplace that requires wheeling in to fish.

JadeRunner 09-15-2005 08:36 AM

I fish. Going to Alaska next week to fish Silvers with my Dad. I backpack to a high mtn lake at least once a year (see picture from a month ago - undisclosed lake).

Grizzly Lake is a nice spot to wheel too and catch brookies. Stock rigs can't really make it in there so it's perfect.

I'm a fly and bubble\lure fisherman. I haven't mastered the fly pole thing. It's too damn delicate. I'm always losing flies.

Opp's - first time trying to add images on this forum. Too bad, unlike the old forum I need the pics uploaded to a host server first. That sucks. No more direct uploads from the pc. I know this is like the other forums. But, it requires many more steps to post a pic.

Red_Chili 09-15-2005 11:58 AM

A very good friend of mine owns Angler's Covey in Colo Spgs, Dave Leinweber. Shoot him a call, he can advise, outfit you, or just shoot the breeze.

If you ever get down there to his shop, be sure to check out the big picture on the south wall of the shop that looks like the cover of 'A River Runs Through It'.

No, it's not retouched. Yes, it's Dave doing the cast. Amazing.

Hulk 09-15-2005 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeRunner
First time trying to add images on this forum. Too bad, unlike the old forum I need the pics uploaded to a host server first. That sucks. No more direct uploads from the pc. I know this is like the other forums. But, it requires many more steps to post a pic.

Scott,

You can upload images directly from your computer. Click on "Manage Attachments." Here is a picture of a 1958 Ferrari.

bh4rnnr 09-15-2005 05:22 PM

USed to go all the time. My grandpa was a flyfisherman, made flyrods, was a tourguid on the Yellowstone. Tied his own flies. Tought me a lot, got into it then well just stoped doing it..

El Jefe 09-15-2005 06:03 PM

I was back in Pennsylvania in July, and my uncle gave me all sorts of fly fishing stuff from about fifty years ago...flies, leaders, tippet, fly wallets, etc. He's promised me his collection of rods/reels too...he was a big fan of bamboo rods back then, and didn't like the cheap stuff! I usually go to the Arkansas River or Elevenmile Canyon, but Waterton is fun too. Haven't tried too many of the more remote places, but I'd like to do that too. Maybe next year we can schedule a wheelin'/fishin' run somewhere?

Chris Colangelo