Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Tech Forum (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Welding help needed (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=18334)

subzali 08-10-2012 07:27 PM

Welding help needed

Have a small project that I need help with. Need some final cutting of a tube, welding some tabs onto said tube, welding said tube to two end plates to mount in the bed of my truck, and bending a 3/8" rod into loops to be welded onto the tube. So chop saw, angle grinder, torch (or turkey frier), welder preferred.

Not sure yet on timing, probably after work or on a Sunday, but can anybody help?

art hog 08-10-2012 08:18 PM

If you want to drive to my place, I can do it. We could ride after. Wait, Your a dad now, There is no more time for that. Let me know.

Overlander 08-11-2012 02:31 PM

Hi -

I'm in Westminster, I could help you one night this week (or more if need be), I have a MIG welder, Chop Saw, angle grinder but I don't have a torch or tube bender.... :( If you could borrow these things then we could work in my garage to get it done. Let me know.

James
303-715-8196

TIMZTOY 08-11-2012 05:15 PM

Location ?
And I'm open every Sunday Do you have a welder ? Or are you needing to bring it to someone ?

subzali 08-11-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art hog (Post 216488)
If you want to drive to my place, I can do it. We could ride after. Wait, Your a dad now, There is no more time for that. Let me know.

Thanks Terry! Yeah it's a bit of a drive up there, but I'll let you know if that's what ends up making the most sense!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overlander (Post 216501)
Hi -

I'm in Westminster, I could help you one night this week (or more if need be), I have a MIG welder, Chop Saw, angle grinder but I don't have a torch or tube bender.... :( If you could borrow these things then we could work in my garage to get it done. Let me know.

James
303-715-8196

Hey James, thanks for the offer. I'm not bending tube, just some 3/8" rod, and maybe even a MAPP gas torch would be hot enough to help it bend?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIMZTOY (Post 216504)
Location ?
And I'm open every Sunday Do you have a welder ? Or are you needing to bring it to someone ?

Hey Tim, I live in DTC, but I don't have any of the tools available, so I really need to bring it to someone who does. I could do it myself if I just had the tools available. Eh, the welding I would probably want to leave to someone with a little more experience than myself. Thanks

Corbet 08-11-2012 08:59 PM

long commute but you can come down here for the help.

Overlander 08-12-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzali (Post 216512)
Hey James, thanks for the offer. I'm not bending tube, just some 3/8" rod, and maybe even a MAPP gas torch would be hot enough to help it bend?

I could do it Thursday night if you want to drive up to Westminster (we can start anytime after 4:00pm). Let me know -

James

kurtnkegger 08-12-2012 08:15 PM

Hey Matt, If you have any plans of what you need, and can get the materials together, I would be happy to get pieces fabricated, and then I could weld them on your truck a later time. If your schedule allows, I'd be happy to help.

TIMZTOY 08-12-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzali (Post 216512)
Hey Tim, I live in DTC, but I don't have any of the tools available, so I really need to bring it to someone who does. I could do it myself if I just had the tools available. Eh, the welding I would probably want to leave to someone with a little more experience than myself. Thanks

bring it buy my house on either thursday or sunday and ill get er done for you.

baja1d 08-13-2012 02:59 PM

Matt-

I work Tue, Thur, Sat but could help you out. I could use a hand getting the top back on my 40 so that I can get it out of the garage.... So frustrated with it that I'm walking away for a month!!! BTW, I'm in Littleton- Kipling/Bowels