Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   4Wheeling and Event Staging Area (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Moab Pre-Run/Trail Leader Training 3/15-3/17 (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=18834)

JadeRunner 12-03-2012 11:10 AM

Moab Pre-Run/Trail Leader Training 3/15-3/17

Letís do our Moab Pre-Run\Trail Leader Training on the weekend of March 15th at Area BFE like we have in the past. I will plan to get in Thursday 3/14 before dark to setup camp and start a fire.

We can run trails Friday and Sat. Then hit a trail on the way out Sunday. We will plan to run multiple trails in a day and keep moving like we have in the past.

Our trail boss Jeff Zepp wonít be able to attend. However, with all the trail leader work he is doing early on he plans to have most of the trail leaders, trails and participants identified in advance of this weekend. We can let that information drive what we want to run and who needs to work on what etc. Gunner lists can also be worked on.

I personally look forward to this event every year running multiple trails all day and camping at BFE. It will be fun.

FJBRADY 12-03-2012 11:21 AM

In

Inukshuk 12-03-2012 09:20 PM

in (as much as one can be 4 months out)

baja1d 12-04-2012 07:48 AM

I'm not sure that I'm experienced enough to be a trail leader but I'd like to go.

Air Randy 12-04-2012 08:33 AM

I'm in, Dee may go too. We'll be taking the new motor home so we have room for 2 or 3 folks who want to share comfy accomodations, just help out with diesel fuel. Furnace, fridge, shower, toilet, coffee maker, microwave, HD satellite TV, now thats the way to do BFE!! :D

FJBRADY 12-04-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja1d (Post 222757)
I'm not sure that I'm experienced enough to be a trail leader but I'd like to go.

The more the merrier I say......plus we need less experienced to teach so you can lead/gun next year.:thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Air Randy (Post 222759)
I'm in, Dee may go too. We'll be taking the new motor home so we have room for 2 or 3 folks who want to share comfy accomodations, just help out with diesel fuel. Furnace, fridge, shower, toilet, coffee maker, microwave, HD satellite TV, now thats the way to do BFE!! :D

Nice, I'll will bring the fireball whiskey! Always a hit with the ladies.:hill:

JadeRunner 12-09-2012 09:50 PM

[quote=FJBRADY;222761]The more the merrier I say......plus we need less experienced to teach so you can lead/gun next year.:thumb:

I agree with Brady. Just keep in mind we will moving quickly through the trails.

JadeRunner 12-09-2012 09:52 PM

Please note- I moved the date ahead one week to avoid the E.J.Safari. I'm pretty sure we don't want to go that weekend.

Beachboy 12-09-2012 10:39 PM

Would you like the gunners to show up also?

JadeRunner 12-09-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachboy (Post 223158)
Would you like the gunners to show up also?

Fair question. I didn't initially elaborate. But, gunners are very important and also invited. Leaders, gunners or anyone who wants to just come out and run trails are invited.

It's really just a club run in Moab open to all. It's just that most of us will be focusing on leader\gunner training and organization to make Cruise Moab as successful as possible.