Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Tech Forum (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Does anyone have a Con Ferr Aux tank on their 40? (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=19565)

DenCo40 05-09-2013 08:24 AM

Does anyone have a Con Ferr Aux tank on their 40?

If so, I would like to take a look at the connections. i.e. vent and fuel return lines. I am installing one I picked up on MUD. I am planning on keeping it as simple as I can with a manual three way valve. I have already read the instruction manual on the internet and it's pretty confusing to me. I do much better if I see one installed.
Thanks

nuclearlemon 05-09-2013 10:34 AM

mine rotted out long ago. think i still have a replacement valve if you need one tho;)

Corbet 05-09-2013 01:31 PM

I had one and sold it to Subzali. See if he installed it yet?

Mine was set up as a transfer tank so I don't recall any return lines other than a vapor line to equalize pressure.

subzali 05-10-2013 09:51 AM

I had to sell it and Dave kaiser bought it

DenCo40 05-10-2013 11:37 AM

Wow. That tank sure makes its rounds...

velorider4 05-13-2013 10:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The smurf blue 40 I brought home this weekend has some kind of auxiliary tank in the back. Not sure if it is a Con Ferr but should be same principal. I am assuming it worked at some point because there is a switch on the dash for the fuel gauge, and the three way valve are there, but the rig doesn't run. You are welcome to take a look if you would like.

Not the best picture.

Rezarf 05-13-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenCo40 (Post 232447)
If so, I would like to take a look at the connections. i.e. vent and fuel return lines. I am installing one I picked up on MUD. I am planning on keeping it as simple as I can with a manual three way valve. I have already read the instruction manual on the internet and it's pretty confusing to me. I do much better if I see one installed.
Thanks

I have one on my parts shelf, but its uninstalled. I have a copy of the con-ferr installation instructions. 3 connections... fuel line, return, and vent. I will try to dig up the PDF, shoot me your email in a PM and I will get it over if I can find it.

The guy who ran Downey Off road also had a PDF copy, I think thats who I got it from, he bought the design of Con-Ferr when they went under.

teamextreme 05-13-2013 05:10 PM

I had one but had to remove it when I did a spring reverse on the rear and the rear diff hit it after that. I had plans to try to modify the tank and cut it down, but gave up on that and sold it a couple years ago. It was a pretty simple install, IIRC. The fuel line from the stock tank was cut and the 3 way solenoid valve installed in-line, with a line from the aux tank tieing into the extra port on the 3-way valve. The venting wasn't ran anywhere, which was done by the PO and may not have been correct. It did puke fuel if you overfilled it.

Rezarf 05-14-2013 10:10 AM

Vent runs to the fill tube. The fuel line runs to your solenoid valve, and the return comes back off the carb and T's into the factory return.

DenCo40 05-14-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velorider4 (Post 232617)
The smurf blue 40 I brought home this weekend has some kind of auxiliary tank in the back. Not sure if it is a Con Ferr but should be same principal. I am assuming it worked at some point because there is a switch on the dash for the fuel gauge, and the three way valve are there, but the rig doesn't run. You are welcome to take a look if you would like.

Not the best picture.

I'll send you a PM. I may want to stop by and check it out if you dont mind.