Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Best place in town for "STUFF" (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=19567)

Shotshell 05-09-2013 08:10 PM

Best place in town for "STUFF"

So, being fairly new to the Denver area, I've yet to really find all the off-road outfitting and parts stores around here. I did a quick search of the forum, but didn't find anything pertaining to this.
Can you guys recommend the places around here that you get parts/service/off-road upgrades for your rigs?:wrench:

Also, as of right now, I'm planning on getting my new set of tires soon, from Discount Tire. Good or bad idea in your opinions?

80Series 05-09-2013 08:16 PM

In regards to tires I would recommend Discount Tire. I'm sure people have different opinions but I worked there for 7 years and both my brothers still work there and I still love the service they offer. For offroad parts the only place I know of and have gone to is Slee.

farnhamstj 05-09-2013 08:22 PM

New tires are always a good idea. Stevenson West for DIY parts(club discount) and Slee for service/upgrades. I buy most of my camping gear from Walmart. Such as "wag bags"

Corbet 05-09-2013 09:07 PM

With the title of the thread I though it was going a different direction being Colorado an all :smokin:

Agree on Slee for anything Land Cruiser accessory living on the front range. No personal experience with Discount Tire.

Keith 05-09-2013 10:57 PM

I've bought several sets if tires from Discount and had only good experiences. If you are near Boulder and need an esoteric piece of hardware or tool, go to McGuckins Hardware. They will either have it or know how to get it.

baja1d 05-09-2013 10:59 PM

Agree with the above about Wally Mart & Discount but thought I'd throw in REI & occasionally Army Surplus.

nakman 05-09-2013 11:10 PM

Check out Jax or Murdock's for cool camping-related items as well, particularly Jax. Agreed with above on Discount and Slee, have been to both several times and will do so again!

Shotshell 05-09-2013 11:31 PM

Hey, thanks guys.
I'll look into that.
As far as wal-mart, I view it as a necessary evil. I find it hard to breathe in there, just saying.:p:

nuclearlemon 05-10-2013 08:25 AM

avoid rei, they support anti ohv agendas

englewood has the best hardware store in a&a tradin' post...miss that place, but too far south for me now.

Inukshuk 05-10-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corbet (Post 232472)
With the title of the thread I though it was going a different direction being Colorado an all :smokin:

Its legal now so you can call it by its name!

I use Discount Tire on 48th & Wadsworth. The Manager there was even at the FJ Summit a few years back and honored a $50 coupon a club member generously gave me.

x2 on Slee.

AAA metric for bolts.