Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   For Sale / Wanted (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wtb late 2F intake manifold and various other 40 parts (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=19586)

rckhound 05-15-2013 09:30 AM

Wtb late 2F intake manifold and various other 40 parts

I am looking for a later 2F intake manifold. Let me know what you have and how much. Also looking for a 79 wiring harness(other years may work) hard fuel lines in the engine compartment, a glove box door in good shape, 4speed shift and transfer case knobs, and washer pump and reservior, and coolant reservoir.. Also can anyone provide me a picture of how the belts run on an early 2f no ps pump. I don't have the bracket or original smog pump and wondering how it tensions so I can build a pulley. Thanks, Steve.

Rzeppa 05-18-2013 02:09 PM

The alternator is the tensioner on the older, pre-smog-pump rigs. It goes on the left (driver's side on USA spec rigs) around where the smog pump goes on later rigs. Good luck on the harness, of course they are long discontinued from the dealer and the used ones are generally worn out in the same places your old one are. The knobs are inexpensive from the dealer. I bought an inexpensive aftermarket washer bottle from CCOT, I think it was like $25 or so. The hard fuel lines may still be available from the dealer, I bought new ones for my 1971 not too long ago. I just checked and it looks like I still have the manifold set I took off an early FJ60 2F. Why do you just need the intake? Headers?

subzali 05-18-2013 05:59 PM

An early US smog pump equipped 2F has the alt on the high passenger side, acting as a tensioner for that belt. The smog pump is low on the driver side. You can buy a tensioner pulley from Jim c on mud. He calls it a smog pump eliminator pulley

rckhound 05-18-2013 07:38 PM

sounds good. I have a good manifold but my intake has been taped with some wierd fittings and is junked up. I am interested in your intake if you want get rid of it. as far as the pulley I tried to order one from Jim but he said I don't need it, which if couse is confusing because my alternator mounts high on the passenger side. any have picks of how the pully mounts and tensions without ps pump bracket?

Rzeppa 05-18-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzali (Post 232944)
An early 2F has the alt on the high passenger side, acting as a tensioner for that belt. The smog pump is low on the driver side. You can buy a tensioner pulley from Jim c on mud. He calls it a smog pump eliminator pulley

All smog-pumped 2Fs, early and late mount the alternator high on the right side, because the smog pump mounts on the left side. ;)

subzali 05-18-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rzeppa (Post 232951)
All smog-pumped 2Fs, early and late mount the alternator high on the right side, because the smog pump mounts on the left side. ;)

Ha-you're right! I only prefaced it that way because that's what he was specifically asking for :thumb:

Rzeppa 05-18-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzali (Post 232952)
Ha-you're right! I only prefaced it that way because that's what he was specifically asking for :thumb:

My 1978 Non-USA FJ45 did not come from the factory with a smog pump, and thus the alternator is mounted on the left side like earlier rigs. ;)

subzali 05-18-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rzeppa (Post 232953)
My 1978 Non-USA FJ45 did not come from the factory with a smog pump, and thus the alternator is mounted on the left side like earlier rigs. ;)

Not everyone is special like you Jeff ;)

That's good info to know though, and is news to me! :cheers:

I edited my earlier post, how does it look now? ;)