Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Rising Sun Rally - annual event (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   2013 Rising Sun Rally - Saturday Aug, 24th (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=19595)

treerootCO 05-16-2013 09:44 AM

2013 Rising Sun Rally - Saturday Aug, 24th

2013 Rising Sun Rally - Saturday Aug, 24th - Sponsored by Slee Offroad

It is that time of year again! The premier Toyota 4x4 swap meet, show & shine and meet & greet in the Rocky Mountain Region will be held Saturday August 24th at Jefferson County Stadium at 6th and Kipling in Lakewood Colorado from 10AM to 3PM. Bring your stuff to sell, buy the stuff you need, enjoy socializing with Toyota 4x4 enthusiasts from all over the region and enjoy seeing all varieties of Toyota 4x4s. Vendors, food, raffle, Rising Sun merchandise and more! This family-friendly event is open to the public and is only $5 per vehicle admission. Come on out and see your friend's latest mods and learn how to do your own. The Rising Sun Rally is a Toyota Land Cruiser Association sanctioned event. As is our tradition, we will be leading guided trail runs on Sunday August 25th, from mild to wild. See our web site for details on those trails. Happy cruisin'!

Saturday August 24th
Show & shine and swap meet.
Raffle Prizes.
Vendors on site

Hope to see everyone there! :)

From 10-3 at the Jeffco Stadium just South of 6th and Kipling.

Printable Rally Flier

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uplo...olorLOWREZ.jpg

Keith 05-16-2013 04:23 PM

Sweet! I leave on a 3,000+ mile road trip 5 days later.

simps80 05-16-2013 04:38 PM

Slee's going to sponsor it again this year, that's awesome!
:thumb:

MisledYouth 05-17-2013 03:46 AM

I'll actually be in the US for this. Amazing! Would love to hang out with some other Cruiser folks.

treerootCO 05-18-2013 06:47 AM

We lowered the cost back to the historic $5 per vehicle... Links above have been updated.

Rzeppa 05-18-2013 02:42 PM

A couple of things:

(1) TLCA insurance has skyrocketed and we were going to have to increase the admission fee to just break even. I spoke with Christo and he is going to help us out financially to where we are able to keep the entrance fees the same as they have been since the Rally's inception. THANK YOU CHRISTO!!! :bowdown:

(2) Mike Davidson has generously done the art again this year. THANK YOU MIKE!!! :bowdown:

(3) Rising Sun member Tom Rompies will have his food truck at the event again this year. Please be sure to buy your lunch from him!

(4) We do not have a raffle lined up (yet). We will need more volunteers from the club to contact the vendors and see about getting some donations. We do not have a budget for buying raffle prizes. As it stands, we may just barely break even, after paying our insurance premium, rental for the venue, and paying to have some fliers printed.

(5) I am chairing again this year, and Christo has said he is going to spearhead promoting. Please coordinate announcements and promotions though Christo and I.

(6) We will need a bunch of volunteers on the day of the event. If we can get some volunteers prior to the event we can promote it better and maybe have a raffle.

(7) There are no current plans to have special shirts or merchandise made for the event, however we do plan to sell leftover Cruise Moab stuff as we did last year.

That's all I can think of for now. I will post up additional stuff as new and more information becomes available.

BritKLR 08-09-2013 10:31 AM

Maybe I missed it, but is there a vender fee (sell stuff) in addition to the $5.00 entry fee?

Thanks!

nuclearlemon 08-09-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BritKLR (Post 237321)
Maybe I missed it, but is there a vender fee (sell stuff) in addition to the $5.00 entry fee?

Thanks!

Average Joe can sell stuff for the $5. Vendors pay more (actual businesses)

BritKLR 08-10-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuclearlemon (Post 237334)
Average Joe can sell stuff for the $5. Vendors pay more (actual businesses)

Thanks Nuclearlemon!

Do you happen to know how much and if it's paid at the gate or in advance and to whom?

Thx.

Rzeppa 08-10-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BritKLR (Post 237357)
Thanks Nuclearlemon!

Do you happen to know how much and if it's paid at the gate or in advance and to whom?

Thx.

Admission is taken at the entrance. ;)