Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Tech Forum (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   UZJ100 - Sun Roof Cables (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=19680)

RicardoJM 05-31-2013 06:58 AM

UZJ100 - Sun Roof Cables

Last Saturday I opend the sun roof and it was stuck. The 100 series sun roofs do not have a manual close mechanism. I removed the sun roof and slider assembly - after removing the headliner and most every piece of interior trim. The issue was the plastic lining on the cables had deterioriated and were binding the cables. I order new cables and will be installing them this weekend.

I didn't see in the FSM (perhaps I missed it) if the cables need grease lubrication. Is grease needed and if so which grease? I'd like to put them in back correctly so they last at least another 14 years before I have to get back in there.

farnhamstj 05-31-2013 07:50 AM

Take some pics of the install please.

RicardoJM 05-31-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farnhamstj (Post 233721)
Take some pics of the install please.

I will give it a good honest try but quite frankly as slow as I work (yeah this really isn't wrenching as it can all be done with a a couple of screw drivers, 10mm, 12mm and 14mm) there are so many pieces to deal with that I'm afraid it will be an all weekend job even with no picture taking. :D

farnhamstj 05-31-2013 08:24 AM

I'm not after a step by step. But a "here a pic of the broken" and "here is the new installed" all without the headliner.

I've stopped opening my sunroof for fear of something bad. I've also stopped using my windows, unless absolutely necessary. My rig is starting to show it's age.(so am I for that matter)

RicardoJM 05-31-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farnhamstj (Post 233724)
I'm not after a step by step. But a "here a pic of the broken" and "here is the new installed" all without the headliner.

I've stopped opening my sunroof for fear of something bad. I've also stopped using my windows, unless absolutely necessary. My rig is starting to show it's age.(so am I for that matter)

I should be able to snap those pictures. :D

I experienced issues last fall a couple of times where the roof needed some assistance in closing and knew something was not right. This past time, the roof was truly stuck open (tilt position) and even with TheBoomBoom on the roof and giving it full assistance it would not close. :eek:

Rezarf 05-31-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farnhamstj (Post 233724)

Time to get back in a 40 Farnham! :D

My sunroof and power windows have NEVER let me down. :hill: