Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   black forest fire (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=19753)

nuclearlemon 06-11-2013 06:13 PM

black forest fire

iirc, steve h is down there...everything ok? i have a small guest room, but welcome to it. one of the state guys is evacing from there now. :(

Fishy 06-11-2013 07:12 PM

We just had a soccer game at Parker/Arapahoe Storm fields.....it's amazing how well you can see it from there...... That fire is really growing.

Corbet 06-11-2013 07:17 PM

Porter's breeder lives down there. We emailed them but have not got a response yet. Hope everyone is safe.

FJBRADY 06-11-2013 07:59 PM

Hants lives down that way too, hope all is well.

FJCDan 06-11-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuclearlemon (Post 234364)
iirc, steve h is down there...everything ok? i have a small guest room, but welcome to it. one of the state guys is evacing from there now. :(

Ya Steve H is very close to the fire I was at his house back in March when I picked up his van I bought. I hope he is allright too. I am sure he has been evacuated.

Rezarf 06-11-2013 10:11 PM

We are in the Springs all summer, the smoke cloud gave me the willies after last years blaze. We are hearing reports of 8 homes burned today. Its calm tonight, tomorrow should be just as hot without the wind.

Drew

baja1d 06-11-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rezarf (Post 234380)
We are in the Springs all summer, the smoke cloud gave me the willies after last years blaze. We are hearing reports of 8 homes burned today. Its calm tonight, tomorrow should be just as hot without the wind.

Drew

That info is soooo 22 minutes ago. Mandatory evacuation are now in place. Looks like it crossed Meridian. Having lost everything to a house fire... My .02, grab your pictures, everything else is truly replaceable

Dirt Claude 06-12-2013 07:26 AM

Telly lives down that way too.

Rezarf 06-12-2013 11:13 AM

Yeah, we have a family Go bag ready to roll, its far from where we are by the Garden of the Gods. Last years Waldo Canyon fire taught us to be ready and what to pack. We have a big ruck sack filled with clothes, backup hard drives, digital pics, meds, and enough kit to crash with friends for up to a week or two. If we have extra time, then we will grab other valuables that are strung though out the house. We have made a list in priority of what we should grab first given extra time. Last year taught us that when slurry bombers are just over your head, your head isn't always thinking clearly. ;) Lists should help us stay focused and move quickly.

PabloCruise 06-12-2013 02:03 PM

Thoughts and prayers to our Cruiser breathren down south...

Unfortunately, this is turning into an annual event on the Front Range.