Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   4Wheeling and Event Staging Area (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Friday camp out (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=19754)

Fishy 06-11-2013 10:08 PM

Friday camp out

Plans are tentative right now. My 2 oldest (13 and 6) have been begging me to camp. We'll be camping out Friday night into Saturday. The plan is to run a trail on Friday, set up camp, enjoy some food and hopefully a small campfire(looking at restrictions).

Maybe Barbour Fork, maybe Twin Cone...... Maybe something else. Nothing too far from Denver. It will be laid back and not too difficult trail wise. My kids would love to have some other kids around. Anyone interested in joining us.

baja1d 06-11-2013 10:42 PM

We'll be camping at Wellington Lake out of Bailey Friday-Sunday. No wheeling but kids, beer, fishing, & hopefully cooler temps.

Travis

Fishy 06-11-2013 10:49 PM

Travis, I know right where that is. Wheeling is only right down the road.....that's a possibility for us. I'll send you a PM or text if we head that way.

DaveInDenver 06-11-2013 10:51 PM

Travis, not sure if you're aware (maybe you are) that this weekend is the Bailey Hundo. There will be people coming through Buffalo Creek, particularly Saturday. If you do make it up, stop in at Aid #4, that's where I'm supposed to be stationed. Most of the campers I think will be north, nearer to Bailey.

bh4rnnr 06-12-2013 06:43 AM

A few of us are headed north Thursday afternoon to Hole in the Wall country for a long weekend of R&R...

baja1d 06-12-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveInDenver (Post 234392)
Travis, not sure if you're aware (maybe you are) that this weekend is the Bailey Hundo. There will be people coming through Buffalo Creek, particularly Saturday. If you do make it up, stop in at Aid #4, that's where I'm supposed to be stationed. Most of the campers I think will be north, nearer to Bailey.

Had no idea but thanks for the heads up. We'll be in the "group site" with a few other friends & they're kids.

FJCDan 06-12-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja1d (Post 234389)
We'll be camping at Wellington Lake out of Bailey Friday-Sunday. No wheeling but kids, beer, fishing, & hopefully cooler temps.

Travis

Hey Travis, you might want to look into Wellington Lake. It was closed 2 or 3 three years ago. It was bought out by a private owner and never reopened. Dan :(

baja1d 06-12-2013 07:52 AM

It is private but has also re-opened. At least they let us make a reservation

FJCDan 06-12-2013 06:49 PM

Nice

Fishy 06-13-2013 03:56 PM

We will be camping near Twin Cone tomorrow, so we'll probably set up camp, run the trail and come down for dinner/s'mores cooked over a gas flame. Stage 1 fan ban is in effect.