Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Hunting and Fishing (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Got a fishing license today... (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=19918)

nakman 07-11-2013 11:22 PM

Got a fishing license today...

In May I renewed my driver's license, which had expired. The folks at Bass Pro said DOW requires them to seek alternative proof of residency any time a driver's license is less than 6 months old. huh? I had my fishing license from last year, with me, but that wasn't proof enough. So I had to walk back out to the 100 and get my vehicle registration, because for some reason that implies I've been a Colorado resident for longer? :confused:

I'm sure there's a good intention in here somewhere, but that just escapes me in the execution. Why hassle someone for renewing their driver's license? What's the big deal if you just moved to Colorado, you can't go fishing? And I wasn't really upset by it, but wow my second time at the counter I got to overhear another couple going through the same rigamarole, and man that guy was not happy.. :rant:

RicardoJM 07-12-2013 07:36 AM

Seems odd and I can't recall ever having that kind of an issue. I've been getting my license online for the past few years. I get a temporary at time of purchase (just print it) and the license is mailed to my home within a few days.

Jenny Cruiser 07-12-2013 09:31 AM

I'm always in Walmart hoping to find ammo and there is usually a seasoned citizen having the same problem.

Shotshell 07-12-2013 10:16 AM

Just another way the government tries to control your life through red tape and bureaucracy. There's no logical reason for rules like that, and that's why they have them.
I've come to expect the worst when it has anything to do with "official government" business of any kind.
Personally I think a fishing license is totally unnecessary. Residents of a state should just have their drivers license as proof of residency, and be able to fish whenever. I can see having out of state folks buy a visitor license. Any ways, just my opinion.

Jacket 07-12-2013 11:18 AM

My DL is finally up for renewal next year (ten years is a long time....), so thanks for the heads up....

nuclearlemon 07-12-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacket (Post 235941)
My DL is finally up for renewal next year (ten years is a long time....), so thanks for the heads up....

ooops...mine expired five months ago:eek:

Squishy! 07-12-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuclearlemon (Post 235942)
ooops...mine expired five months ago:eek:

Better make sure you have your birth cert, registration, and your oldest surviving relative too. :lmao:

nuclearlemon 07-12-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squishy! (Post 235945)
Better make sure you have your birth cert, registration, and your oldest surviving relative too. :lmao:

not bad at all. i just now did it online.

Corbet 07-23-2013 07:36 PM

Reminds me I need to renew my DL. Thankfully by the time I need another license issued by the DOW it will be 6 months old again.

Fishy 07-25-2013 12:44 AM

When we moved here I went right away to get my drivers license. As soon as I got it in the mail, I went to buy my fishing license. Colorado requires you to be a resident of the state for 6 months before you are eligible for a resident hunting/fishing license. Even though I was a tax paying Colorado resident and a home owner with a Colorado drivers license, I had to buy a non-resident fishing license.

That's crap.....