Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   4Wheeling and Event Staging Area (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Camping Vail 7/20-21 (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=19956)

farnhamstj 07-19-2013 09:38 AM

Camping Vail 7/20-21

Yes, Today.

Late notice, sorry. The kids, wife and I have the camper on FR734 and Buffher creek. We'll be hanging around the campfire. I know there is a Red Cone trip and a few other things to do this weekend. But if you're in the area and want to stop by I have cold beer and we are not under fire ban.

Please feel free to join us, This is not an organized trail run, but there are plenty of forest roads available to explore in a licensed vehicle.

Directions. Exit Vail, (176) go west on N. Frontage rd for about 3/4 miles. Right turn on Red Sand Stone rd. This becomes FR700. Follow for 6.5 miles. Left on FR734 for 1.5 miles. We are slightly to the left when facing the Buffher creek sign.

Uncle Ben 07-19-2013 09:52 AM

Any chance that carrier pigeon with the broken wing showed up somewhere with those stickers?

farnhamstj 07-19-2013 12:46 PM

Sorry, I've moved out of my house and everything I own, except my LC, motorcycle, and a box of clothes are in 3 storage units in Eagle. I was supposed to move when the kids finished school. I'm one step ahead of, In the words on Chris Farley "Living in a van down by the river" more like, in a camper at the top of a mountain.

Uncle Ben 07-19-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farnhamstj (Post 236352)
Sorry, I've moved out of my house and everything I own, except my LC, motorcycle, and a box of clothes are in 3 storage units in Eagle. I was supposed to move when the kids finished school. I'm one step ahead of, In the words on Chris Farley "Living in a van down by the river" more like, in a camper at the top of a mountain.

Oh pooh! :eek: Sorry dood! I had no idea....you OK?

farnhamstj 07-19-2013 04:02 PM

Yes, life is good. Still happily married. I have tenants still in a house I purchased back in November. Expected them out in June. But, they are paying my mortgage and then some until Sept 1.

I've lived in a one bedroom basement apartment with my wife and 2 kids for the last 12 years. Camper is kind of spacious and the sun comes in through the windows. Moving into a 3 bedroom place with my own garage.

Uncle Ben 07-19-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farnhamstj (Post 236355)
Yes, life is good. Still happily married. I have tenants still in a house I purchased back in November. Expected them out in June. But, they are paying my mortgage and then some until Sept 1.

I've lived in a one bedroom basement apartment with my wife and 2 kids for the last 12 years. Camper is kind of spacious and the sun comes in through the windows. Moving into a 3 bedroom place with my own garage.

Whew! It was sounding like a life style crash. Glad ever things still healthy!