Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   4Wheeling and Event Staging Area (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Blow Off Work And Go Wheeling Run (BOWAGWR) - Aug 14th (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=20036)

Fishy 08-06-2013 08:41 PM

Blow Off Work And Go Wheeling Run (BOWAGWR) - Aug 14th

13th Annual BOWAGWR!

Amazing! 13th Annual! This has become a favorite of Rising Sun for so long now. I am disappointed that Hulk cannot lead this year and am humbled to be leading this iconic run. There had been some discussion of a possible change to somewhere other than Slaughterhouse Gulch for this event. I really struggled with deciding what to do. In the end, there is no need to break tradition and I am just filling in for one year. This run has always been based around the summer solstice as well, but it's been a busy year for all of us. There is no way we can let this run miss a year.

Please come join Rising Sun for the 2013 Blow Off Work And Go Wheelin' Run. The idea is to leave work early and meet up with new and old friends alike for some easy/moderate trails and good company. Slaughterhouse Gulch is suitable for any stock Toyota 4x4. Dinner provided by Rising Sun 4x4 Club after the event.

BLOW OFF WORK AND GO WHEELIN' RUN (13th annual)
Date: Wednesday, Aug 14th 2013
Meeting time: 1:00 p.m. Depart @ 1:30 p.m.

Trail: Slaughterhouse Gulch. The trail is moderate. It's fine for stock Cruisers, 4Runners, FJ Cruisers, etc. There is a hill with some good optional whoop-de-woos if you're locked and lifted. It's near Bailey, off of 285.

Meeting place: King Soopers Shopping Center in Aspen Park (Conifer area) This is just off Hwy 285, a block east of where Coney Island was previously located.
KING SOOPERS
25637 CONIFER ROAD
CONIFER, CO 80433
Store Phone: 303-816-4960

Dinner: Tentatively planned for JJ Madwell's in Conifer.

Ham: 146.460
CB: Channel 4

Hulk 08-07-2013 10:08 AM

So glad you're taking the lead on this, Stan! :bowdown:

Fishy 08-07-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk (Post 237201)
So glad you're taking the lead on this, Stan! :bowdown:

Thanks for allowing me, Matt. I'm humbled by the history of this club and proud to be able to step up to continue traditions like this. Looking forward to having you back leading next year.

Obviously, I'm in. I'll have my twins (almost 5) with me this year. This will be their first run without Keagan and they are excited to be the ones coming along while their brother is in school. :Princess::Princess:

11thcavdrt 08-07-2013 05:20 PM

Hi all. Sounds good to me, haven't done much wheeling due to son medical issues in
Kansas this summer, plus I've been on this run. Had posted up to go to Ouary at end of
Month, but will be heading back to Kansas for some more follow up work with my son,so
Labor run is out for me. Se u on the 14th

Fishy 08-08-2013 10:12 PM

If I have to do this run with just me and my twins to keep the tradition alive.... I'll do it. C'mon....

I know Big Country will be in. And, for all the times I've run Slaughterhouse, Mountain Goat has been with me every time. I'm counting him in no matter what.

baja1d 08-08-2013 10:21 PM

Good chance I'll be there

MountainGoat 08-08-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishy (Post 237301)
If I have to do this run with just me and my twins to keep the tradition alive.... I'll do it. C'mon....

I know Big Country will be in. And, for all the times I've run Slaughterhouse, Mountain Goat has been with me every time. I'm counting him in no matter what.

Jeez dude, nothing like a little pressure! I guess if you're gonna call me out, I have no choice. I need to get the 40 out anyway. :zilla:

See you Wednesday! :thumb:

Fishy 08-08-2013 10:28 PM

Now we're getting somewhere. Hulk will be proud!

Fishy 08-11-2013 08:59 AM

I'm hoping for a better turn out than this.....

Is it the location?
Is it that we're doing it so late this year?
Is it me? (Hulk and I can trade vehicles for the day if that helps)

Jacket 08-11-2013 09:12 AM

I've been to a bunch of these runs, but my folks are arriving on Wednesday so I can't blow them off too.