Local Phone Contacts recovery service?
So my old Palm Pixi Plus died a few weeks ago with about a kerbillion contacts in it. I didn't have them backed up anywhere. Does anyone know of a service that can dig the contacts out of the phone? The touch screen died completely so the access to navigate the phone is 'nill. I am hoping there is some wizard out there who can dive in and get the info out of it?
The internets says you can do this with a broken display. I am not familiar with the Pixi but the only step that looks like it is on the touchscreen is the 'export', but maybe there is a button for that.
This is how to get you contacts from your Palm PRE or Pixi. You can create a .csv file to import into most email programs.
• Open phone dialer on PRE or Pixi
• Type ##66623#
• Click on Export
• This creates the export file (.CSV)….The more contacts you have the longer it takes
• Connect your USB cable to the computer and also to the PRE when it prompts you too.
• Click on the USB Drive on your pre to mount to computer
• Once mounted on your computer, open windows explorer and the Palm PRE
• Find the folder called temp and open it
• You will find a file called PmMigration (this is the CSV file)
• Drag to your documents folder on your computer (PRE Backup folder) if you have one
• Use this file to import your contacts into Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or Outlook
• When you’re done Eject your Palm pre or safely remove hardware and then disconnect pre
• Your done….
Yeah, I can't even slide the screens "button" to unlock it to tell it to go to USB mode.
Looks like you can pick up a functional used one on eBay for cheap. Then maybe just swap in the guts from your old phone.
That's my next step, I could get all the way to where I click on Export with Mikes trick... but alas I cannot click the button to send it.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:18 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.