Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Where do you like to ski? (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=202)

Uncle Ben 09-20-2005 07:52 AM

Where do you like to ski?

Perry's post got me going. Just thought a poll would be fun to see the stats!

Dream on! :)

Uncle Ben 09-20-2005 08:01 AM

Sorry I left out the option "other" for you Eldora, Telluride, Sunspot, WolfCreek, etc. fans. My bad! :rolleyes:

IanB 09-20-2005 08:08 AM

Eldora! :D

Uncle Ben 09-20-2005 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanB
Eldora! :D

Figures :rolleyes:

Seldom Seen 09-20-2005 10:32 AM

Tele is the closest but half a binding = half a brain

Randonnee Baby!!

subzali 09-20-2005 10:37 AM

Know what randonnee means? Can't telemark! :D

Kipper 09-20-2005 11:43 AM

I love Beaver Creek! I've skiied skistoned too many times, I used to hate Breck, but now that I've learned my way around I really like it. I bought a 4 pack to Copper this year, but I've never been, so we'll see how that goes.

wesintl 09-20-2005 12:21 PM

My favorites are Monarch for the POW and CB for steeps.

Basin Pali lift is good if there is snow. The rest of summit blows, They just never get enough snow. Vail gets 12+ and summit gets 3" :confused:
Vail blows too unless there is 12"+, BC at least has some pitch and less gappers

MJ for bumps
Wolf Creek is fun but I've come to the conclusion you can get the same or better at monarch usually for less of a drive. Steep then a long flat runouts.

Ajax has too many gullies that funnel everyone into. Highlands I like, Slowmass too if you know where to go ;)

I like Steamboat, good pow and a variety of terrain

I need to get down to silverton. Why I didn't last year i can only kick my self in the arse!

I tele occasionally if I'm not on the big boards

powderpig 09-20-2005 12:43 PM

Favorite all time skiing is Valdez Alaska (heli), Next is the Talkenata mountains jsut north and east of anchorage Year round powder on the glaciers and under 8-9k feet(mostly 5-6k foot) work for your turns.

Wolf creek on a powder day is killer, Vail on a big day is way too much fun, expeciall the back bowl faces.

I tele and have been for many a year, never really got a hang of the heal lock down thing.

Any place on a powder day is killer. Spring time snow is great, some groomers are alot of fun when the run is not crowded.

Will have to try monarch some time soon, as well as some other smaller places.

subzali 09-20-2005 12:48 PM

Copper has always treated us good with the bowls. Pretty fun steeps and in some places it takes a while after a storm for the pow to disappear. Monarch is a lot of fun, they have a good variety of terrain for being as small as they are. Loveland is close and has a good variety of runs for learning how to tele ;) .