Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Help Save My FJ40! (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=20472)

MDH33 11-08-2013 08:59 AM

Help Save My FJ40!

Kind of embarrassed to post this, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm laid of again and my finances are in a shambles going into the winter months. I am hoping to return to my Forest Service job in the Spring, but I need some work to get through the next 5 or 6 months. I've put out lots of applications, but no luck yet. If I can't find something soon, I am going to be listing my FJ40 up for sale in order to have some emergency cash on hand. I really really don't want to sell it. I can't even get unemployment because I used it last winter when I was down with an injury and laid off with no health benefits.

I have a pretty broad work history, so let me know if you have any leads. I have experience in healthcare, biotech, graphics, art, the outdoor industry, forestry, manual labor, etc. I'm up for just about anything. Thanks!

ianacole 11-08-2013 09:36 AM

DirecTV is always looking for Customer Care agents, located in DTC. Check their website out and the careers link at the bottom. Not glorious, nor will it earn you a million dollars, but can help pay the bills.

Romer 11-08-2013 10:04 AM

Slee was hiring a bit ago, not sure if he still has an open spot

MDH33 11-08-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianacole (Post 241845)
DirecTV is always looking for Customer Care agents, located in DTC. Check their website out and the careers link at the bottom. Not glorious, nor will it earn you a million dollars, but can help pay the bills.

Thanks for the tip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romer (Post 241847)
Slee was hiring a bit ago, not sure if he still has an open spot

Thanks Ken, I contacted Christo awhile ago and he was only interested in filling the position permanently rather than the 6 months I had available.

Firetacoma 11-08-2013 10:30 AM

I know a guy who works for UPS seasonally for the holidays. I know nothing more about it, but you might check that out?

smslavin 11-08-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firetacoma (Post 241850)
I know a guy who works for UPS seasonally for the holidays. I know nothing more about it, but you might check that out?

i worked there for a couple of years when i was doing my photography full time. the hours suck, the pay is all right but since it's teamsters, the health benefits are really really good.

if you decide to go that route, you want to be a loader for the drivers. try not to get stuck in the semis.

you'll be amazed that people actually get their packages. more importantly, you'll be doubly amazed that the stuff in those packages isn't crushed beyond all recognition...

MountainGoat 11-08-2013 10:38 AM

Here's an ad on Pinecam for construction labor. And another for carpentry help. You might want to post up your availability and skills on there, you never know.

If things get bad I'm sure I can help out otherwise. :) Talk to me before you put her up for sale.

AxleIke 11-08-2013 10:39 AM

Yup, UPS will likely have lots of positions available over the holidays. They hire a lot of temporary work for that time.

Very sorry to hear about this Martin. If I come up with anything else, I'll post up immediately.

MDH33 11-08-2013 11:28 AM

Thanks guys.

Good idea regarding UPS. I'll look into it and see how far away the nearest facility is. I worked a year for UPS when I was in college, so I know what I would be in for there. I loaded the semis and had bruises from ankles to armpits from getting clobbered by packages on that conveyor. It was alright work though and I would have done it a second year if they hadn't gone on strike.

baja1d 11-08-2013 11:34 AM

Help Save My FJ40!

Denver fire is taking application this month. I believe it's an "on-line" process. With that being said, it's generally a 6 month to 2 year dealhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/09/7ynamumu.jpg