Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   4Wheeling and Event Staging Area (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2nd Annual Run the Gulches Saturday Dec 14th (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=20486)

Fishy 11-11-2013 05:52 PM

2nd Annual Run the Gulches Saturday Dec 14th

It will soon be that sweet time in between Thanksgiving and Christmas where the winter doldrums are just starting to set in. Why not take a break from hanging Christmas lights or fighting I-70 traffic to the slopes and enjoy a day with Rising Sun?

Come join us for the 2nd Annual Run the Gulches on December 14th, 2013. The First Annual Run was a great time with nice temps and sunny skies. The first run was also featured in Toyota Trails magazine

This year's run will be a little more difficult. We will be doing Hackett Gulch and Illinois Gulch. Big Country and I just did a shakedown run this weekend to check the trail and route. I would say 33's and sliders are recommended but you could get by without them. There are a few tight spots on Hackett where sliders came in handy and the Moab Hill obstacle on Illinois Gulch can be as hard or as easy as you'd like. I'll post some video from last year and from this past weekend. The trail is more difficult this year due to areas being washed out and dug up. You will touch down front, rear and sliders in spots by taking the harder lines.

Meeting Place - Deckers Store right in the tiny town of Deckers at the "T" where CO67 and Deckers Rd meet. There is the Flies and Lies fly shop in the same little building. No gas, but if the store is open it will have basic provisions. This is a long day so make sure you fill up prior to arriving. Any of you coming from Evergreen/Conifer/Foothills would take 285 to Pine Valley Rd/CO126 and come in that way. Us southsiders would take 25 South to Happy Canyon Rd, 85 to 67. No reason for you northsiders/foothills guys to have to go all the way to Happy Canyon. Deckers store is almost exactly 40 miles from Evergreen or Centennial.

Pack a lunch and a thermos of something warm. I'll make a burrito run that morning again. Post up if you'd like me to pick you up one of the best breakfast burritos in all of Denver. They're $5 and as big as your foot.

Deckers Store at 8:30am for a 9:00am departure. Should be fun! 146.46 is preferred, but not required. CB4 as a low quality, scratchy, barely readable back up.

Map of meeting spot
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=3...sz=18&t=m&z=18

Fishy 11-11-2013 05:55 PM

This Week....

100 Series Version

80 Series Version

Fishy 11-11-2013 05:56 PM

2012 First Annual.....

Last Year

Shotshell 11-11-2013 06:37 PM

Looks wild!:thumb:

imhighlander 11-12-2013 05:17 PM

Subscribed for details. I'd love to come (first RS Run for me!) if I'm in town.

Matt

Fishy 11-14-2013 05:08 PM

We're still 30 days away and we all know snow could come at anytime. If we get hammered with snow just before the event, we will still go anyway. The route may change a little but Illinois Gulch and Moab Hill are still doable in the snow.

I'm bouncing around the idea of making this a Poker Run. If enough people are interested in that we could donate 1/2 and winner gets 1/2. Just something fun to do and maybe we could give back for the holiday season.

MTSN 11-14-2013 05:52 PM

I'm glad it's that weekend because I'm either out of town or booked up solid every other weekend from now till mid January! I'll be there with my shiny new bumper :hill:

baja1d 11-14-2013 07:31 PM

Hoping to get the heater in the 40 & join you guys

Fishy 11-14-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja1d (Post 242085)

Can't you just turn the heated seats on? ;)

Hope you can make it!

Old40Dog 11-14-2013 08:28 PM

40's have heaters? I get more heat off my engine and headers thru the firewall than I can use. I've never even hooked up the heater...:lmao:

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja1d (Post 242085)

On the calender Stan. We had a blast last year. Hope to do it again...We'll bring Idelle's 80 this time.