Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Tech Forum (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Trail Gear buys out Longfield Super Axles (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=20601)

Brucker 12-10-2013 01:10 PM

Trail Gear buys out Longfield Super Axles
 
With the passing of Bobby Long after his fight with cancer, Longfield Super Axles has been sold. Trail Gear purchased the company and plans to keep it going, including honoring all warranties! Here is the press release:

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/...56485209_n.jpg

Brucker 12-10-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AxleIke (Post 243327)
*getting popcorn*

Really think it's that bad of an idea? Or just a TG hater?

I think it's VERY smart of Matt. Transforms a competitor into another couple successful, profitable product lines. Also think it will be great for those who have Longfield equipment already, as long as the quality sticks around for the new replacement parts.

Uncle Ben 12-10-2013 06:17 PM

Hmmm.....what will they be called, Matt's Choicefields? Waltonfields? LongMesser's?

Brucker 12-10-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Ben (Post 243334)
Hmmm.....what will they be called, Matt's Choicefields? Waltonfields? LongMesser's?

Probably should just call them RCV's, since they make both TG's dirty 30 and Longfield's. They have been the same since TG went to the 300M inner races.

Brucker 12-11-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AxleIke (Post 243371)
Naw, just waiting to see the sparks fly.

What sparks? What exactly are you waiting for? :confused:

subzali 12-11-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brucker (Post 243372)
What sparks? What exactly are you waiting for? :confused:

This:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/chit-chat/78...field-rip.html

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=34

Brucker 12-11-2013 03:05 PM

So waiting for more rumors and false accusations?

I know companies can not be perfect and that there will always be someone unhappy with something. But TG must be doing something right since they continue to grow in size and product line. If they were truly the devil as some like to suggest, they wouldn't be able to continue as they would run out of customers and money quickly.

I have done business with TG for years now. I honestly haven't had a problem or issue with them for years. Customer service was been good, product quality has been decent, and they have always been willing to warranty items for us.

Uncle Ben 12-11-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brucker (Post 243372)
What sparks? What exactly are you waiting for? :confused:

Just another great product that will be cheaped out by Trailmart... :rip::borg::gaah::banghead::bawl:

subzali 12-11-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brucker (Post 243375)
So waiting for more rumors and false accusations?

Just because you have had good experiences doesn't mean that everyone else's bad experiences are false accusations. I don't have a dog in this fight (have never tried to buy anything from them) but I was just sharing links to other discussions because you asked. I'm sure they have had good customer service for you as you say, so congratulations.

Brucker 12-11-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzali (Post 243378)
Just because you have had good experiences doesn't mean that everyone else's bad experiences are false accusations. I don't have a dog in this fight (have never tried to buy anything from them) but I was just sharing links to other discussions because you asked. I'm sure they have had good customer service for you as you say, so congratulations.

You are correct. I just get sick of the bashing bandwagon and came in hot. Should have used better words. TG has stepped up their game and now has stepped to the plate to purchase what was a great company.

Here's to hoping they keep it that way :beer:

And for those who would rather the bashing continue, just because this one made me giggle:

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/attac...9&d=1386802967


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.