Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   4Wheeling and Event Staging Area (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2014 Moab Pre Run / Trail Leader Training (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=20813)

JadeRunner 01-28-2014 09:36 PM

2014 Moab Pre Run / Trail Leader Training

Letís do our Moab Pre Run\Trail Leader Training on the weekend of April 4th - 6th at Area BFE like we have in the past. I will plan to get in Thursday 4/4 before dark to setup camp and start a fire. I know it's the weekend before the EJS starts but oh well. That just how it got scheduled this year. I can't change it now.

We can run trails Friday and Sat. Then hit a trail on the way out Sunday. We will plan to run multiple trails in a day and keep moving like we have in the past.

Our trail boss Jeff Zepp probably wonít be able to attend. However, with all the trail leader work he is doing early on he plans to have most of the trail leaders, trails and most participants identified in advance of this weekend. We can let that information drive what we want to run and who needs to work on what etc. Gunner lists can also be worked on.

Personally, I want to hammer out the Flat Iron Mesa trail since it's a new trail for us this year. We will need another trail Leader for that and a few gunners.

Dave Kaiser and I have some CM business to take care of Friday morning then we can hit the trails.

Micah Platt from the Wasatch Cruisers is on the CM Committee this year and will be there with us. He has offered to help provide fun food and libations.

I personally look forward to this event every year running multiple trails all day and camping at BFE. It will be fun.

Post up if you can make it.

Inukshuk 01-28-2014 10:00 PM

In.

I did most of Flat Iron a few years back. Fun trail.

Did we get the Fins night pre-run approved?

JadeRunner 01-28-2014 10:19 PM

Yea, the "Fins at Night" run(s) are on! It's going to be stellar. Let's pre-run it.

Corbet 01-28-2014 10:40 PM

In

JadeRunner 01-29-2014 01:05 AM

Right on Corbet. Glad you can make it again.

baja1d 01-29-2014 02:06 PM

In

jertiffauk 02-13-2014 11:33 AM

I'd love to come, however my wife graduates from school the weekend of CM, so I can't make the main event.
With that said I'd love to come get more familiar with the trails in hopes of helping out next year leading or gunning. If you guys are good with that I'll be there?

Jeremiah

Old40Dog 02-13-2014 06:01 PM

Insky, likely Zach will be along with me too.

Fishy 02-13-2014 06:13 PM

I'm still working on it. I'll be a last minute confirmation.

JadeRunner 02-13-2014 08:50 PM

Were good with that Jeremiah. You have the right idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jertiffauk (Post 246321)
I'd love to come, however my wife graduates from school the weekend of CM, so I can't make the main event.
With that said I'd love to come get more familiar with the trails in hopes of helping out next year leading or gunning. If you guys are good with that I'll be there?

Jeremiah